First tests of Cinemartin MyBD show it does what it promises

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: First tests of Cinemartin MyDB show it does what it promises[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/10/myce-cinemartin-mydb-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Our firsts with the free version of Cinemartin MyDB indicate that the software delivers what it promises. Our forum administrator Alan1476 has taken the time to test the software and used it to back up five movies. The initial Blu-ray discs were all over 25 GB in size and were shrunk to a 500MB file with no noticeable loss in quality.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/first-tests-of-cinemartin-mydb-show-it-does-what-it-promises-73397](http://www.myce.com/news/first-tests-of-cinemartin-mydb-show-it-does-what-it-promises-73397)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I think we should be very wary of endorsing this software. A reply from the moderator at the MakeMKV forum says that they have hacked MakeMKV in order to have decryption of Blu-ray, and this is not an officially licensed use of their decrypter.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8427&sid=f71cd463998ac08f9ed606dae1a83a22

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2739820]I think we should be very wary of endorsing this software. A reply from the moderator at the MakeMKV forum says that they have hacked MakeMKV in order to have decryption of Blu-ray, and this is not an officially licensed use of their decrypter.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8427&sid=f71cd463998ac08f9ed606dae1a83a22[/QUOTE]

I agree after reading what the Admin at the MKV forums had to say. But in reality, the decrypter in this program was not why I found it enticing. I own AnyDVDHD, for all I care it could not have a decrypter at all. The fact that it encodes a 50gb bluray to 550mbs with quality is what I like about it. Plus the whole process only took less than 2 hours and its freeware. I don’t like the idea that they are using the MakeMKV keys without permission, and I do not condone it. But there are still good points that I like in this program. That said, I have to speak to the developers of this program and give them a chance to respond. I have to admit I was told about this but I did not think it was as big a deal as I have found out it is. Both freeware programs, both do different things. Access to MakeMKVs library should have been with their knowledge and credit to them should have been in the programs website, if this is the case and from what I have read and been told, it is. I want to give the developer of MYBD a chance to respond. E-mail sent.

Hello, Im Tony Hernandez from Cinemartin MyBD.
Im on the words of the main developer of Cinemartin.

Developer asked to makemkv support team on 10/18/2014 04:14 AM for use makemkv within his software for purposes of decrypting. MakeMkv support said yes, it is possible, plus giving links on documentation for makemkv for developers.
We have the email that corroborate this.

For any discussion about this please contact Cinemartin at the email provided on the website. I will give no more replies about this as we dont received any complaint from makemkv.

Please let this forum to discuss the use and tests of MyBD

[QUOTE=Tony Hernandez;2739840]Hello, Im Tony Hernandez from Cinemartin MyBD.
Im on the words of the main developer of Cinemartin.

Developer asked to makemkv support team on 10/18/2014 04:14 AM for use makemkv within his software for purposes of decrypting. MakeMkv support said yes, it is possible, plus giving links on documentation for makemkv for developers.
We have the email that corroborate this.

For any discussion about this please contact Cinemartin at the email provided on the website. I will give no more replies about this as we dont received any complaint from makemkv.

Please let this forum to discuss the use and tests of MyBD[/QUOTE] Thank you Tony, I knew there was more to the story.:slight_smile:

If it’s using MakeMKV as its core does it handle obfuscation (hiding the real title among a bunch of fakes) any better than MakeMKV? I ask because there are a bunch of movies that use that technique and I usually have to Google to find the correct stream.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2739852]If it’s using MakeMKV as its core does it handle obfuscation (hiding the real title among a bunch of fakes) any better than MakeMKV? I ask because there are a bunch of movies that use that technique and I usually have to Google to find the correct stream.[/QUOTE]
If you have not tried MYBD, you will see when you do that it correctly picks the correct stream in every instance. I happen to think this program is extremely useful, if I can make a high quality H265 .mp4 or .mkv file and compress it form 30gbs to 500mbs in 2 hours than this is something I have not seen before and I think its impressive, like I said, the decrypter is of no consequence, there are many that can do the job.

Now Alan

Test
Deliver Us from Evil
SexTapes
Million Ways to Die in the West " extended cut"

Report the times on theses.

Great work Alan as Always

We bought from Cinemartin and would never do again.

We purchased (circa $600 USD) their ProRes plugin (Cinemartin Cinec PLIN) for Premiere Pro and After Effects. It did not work.

We contacted their support team and were told to re-install Windows and all our applications - an endeavor that we balked at given it would take us days. We have never had an application fail to work before.

We asked for a refund immediately but our request was refused.

We argued our case - the firm stuck to their ‘no refund’ policy. We argued again and they refused to listen.

We’re stuck with an expensive plugin (circa $600 USD) that does not work. The experience of dealing with Cinemartin has been a huge headache and costly for us.

[QUOTE=paul1234562;2774845]We bought from Cinemartin and would never do again.

We purchased (circa $600 USD) their ProRes plugin (Cinemartin Cinec PLIN) for Premiere Pro and After Effects. It did not work.

We contacted their support team and were told to re-install Windows and all our applications - an endeavor that we balked at given it would take us days. We have never had an application fail to work before.

We asked for a refund immediately but our request was refused.

We argued our case - the firm stuck to their ‘no refund’ policy. We argued again and they refused to listen.

We’re stuck with an expensive plugin (circa $600 USD) that does not work. The experience of dealing with Cinemartin has been a huge headache and costly for us.[/QUOTE] We only tested their “MyBD” and it was shortly after discontinued. Sorry for your issues.