First post from a Newb

Hi everyone. Ive been burning discs for about the last 5-6 yrs. but my knowledge is really limited. Ive always just used the recording program that comes with the computer , throw in a blank CDR and for the most part everything works fine every once in a while a disc will have an error. For the last 3 years Ive been using Windows XP with the Recordnow program that came with it. Over the last week or so my CDRs have been turning up a lot of errors while using Sonys and Maxells , Ive also been using some made in Japan Maxells and Taiyo Yudens with the blue bottom surface. Most of those CDRs wont even play and if they do theyve got errors. Out of those four brands of CDRs I doubt I just have a bad batch of CDRs. Any help is greatly apprciated.

Have you been using the same burner for 5 or 6 years? If so, it might be time for a replacement.

[QUOTE=Edvanzep;2445445]Hi everyone. Ive been burning discs for about the last 5-6 yrs. but my knowledge is really limited. Ive always just used the recording program that comes with the computer , throw in a blank CDR and for the most part everything works fine every once in a while a disc will have an error. For the last 3 years Ive been using Windows XP with the Recordnow program that came with it. Over the last week or so my CDRs have been turning up a lot of errors while using Sonys and Maxells , Ive also been using some made in Japan Maxells and Taiyo Yudens with the blue bottom surface. Most of those CDRs wont even play and if they do theyve got errors. Out of those four brands of CDRs I doubt I just have a bad batch of CDRs. Any help is greatly apprciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi Edvanzep
Welcome to the forum :flower:

As Whappo pointed out you may have to replace the drive/burner, drives/burners are very cheap these days (Price wise)
drives/burner can go belly up within a year or so, and since you got 5-6 years on yours I would say you been lucky :smiley:

Thanks for the replys. What type of burner would I be looking for, just a basic DVD/CD writer? Is it as simple as taking the old one out of my computer and installing the new? Thanks Again

A basic DVD writer will do most likely IDE so you must set the master/slave jumper. Easy Job.

Just a quick guide on how to install your drive

Hey a new DVD/CD writer seemed to do the trick and it was easy to install . Burned some music and all seems to be well. Thanks to all for all the help.

[QUOTE=Edvanzep;2445657]Hey a new DVD/CD writer seemed to do the trick and it was easy to install . Burned some music and all seems to be well. Thanks to all for all the help.[/QUOTE]

Hi Edvanzep

Thats great[B]!![/B] nice to hear you had no problems installing the new drive/burner :clap:

Enjoy your weekend :flower:

SJ