First pictures of TDK 52x drive at work - okay it's fast

I just posted the article First pictures of TDK 52x drive at work - okay it’s fast.

Okay, so you have a 48x drive and you think it’s fast. Well, sure it’s fast, but sorry, you don’t have a state of the art drive anymore! A member of our forum, has posted pictures of Nero using a…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4619-First-pictures-of-TDK-52x-drive-at-work---okay-its-fast.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4619-First-pictures-of-TDK-52x-drive-at-work---okay-its-fast.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Wow, you can record at 52X…so what? What can possibly be so important that you can’t wait five minutes to record a CD after going through hours of downloading stuff from the internet anyway?

In response to SouthernSon69: pr0n! :d

Wow, Southern, you could have said the same thing ever since the 24x came out.

Update: 2:21min is possible at 52x writing. 723MB image :wink:

I still use my 4x4x24 and have no reasons to buy another one. Who cares if it takes 20 minutes to burn a CD? The only thing that cares for me is that it burns a good CD.

in todays day and age, we should be able to stick in a CD and it be spit out a second later. Burning taking 2:21 min is 2:21 min too long

That’s the problem with our world today, nobody can wait for anything. I have a 12x8x32 SCSI drive I bought last year which takes 7 minutes to do a 700MB disc. That’s just under five minutes longer than these 52x drives. Now, going from a 2x to a 16x is a big jump, but going from a 12x to a 52x? It’s only 5 minutes! Take 5 minutes away from your computer and relax while a CD is writing. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind waiting 10 minutes for my Samsung 8x8x32 to write a CD-R. Now, it thinks I’m in a shortage of coffee coasters and makes the occasional one.

I’m still useing a Plextor SCSI 12/10/32 , I can still do other thing when waiting , with a 52x atapi drive you’ll need a pretty fast machine to do some other thing in the meanwhile

I think that if one of my 3 dedicated CDRW drives (12x, 12x & 24x) goes out I’ll upgrade with another DVD-r drive. Probably one of the combo +/- drives to go along with my Pioneer 104. Then again by the time my other drives bite the dust there Should be a standard.

in todays day and age, we should be able to stick in a CD and it be spit out a second later. Burning taking 2:21 min is 2:21 min too long
Yes, and cars should be able to fly and we should all be able to step into a room at are home and say ‘beam me up’ and be transported to the moon! :8

Yeah, many people don’t mind waiting for 10-20 minutes to burn a CD. But remember you almost can’t do anything when you’re burning (no anti-coaster tech in those old burners), and also, you can’t burn a perfect clone (again…old burners). So fast != only fast, but newer tech too!