First look: NEC ND-3540A DVD Burner

vbimport

I just posted the article First look: NEC ND-3540A DVD Burner.

CDFreaks takes a First look at the new NEC ND-3540A DVD burner. Showcasing one of the most anticipated drives of 2005, this article takes a look at the NEC 3540’s supported features as well as the reading and writing performance on various types of optical media.

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/226-First-look-NEC-ND-3540A-DVD-Burner/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/226-First-look-NEC-ND-3540A-DVD-Burner/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Though with only 8x limited read speeds for some DVD media, one of the best drives today. It seems early to buy ND-3540A yet because ND-3520A and ND-3500A sell for much less.

In many areas you can’t buy the 3500 anymore and I guess the 3520 won’t be available for that long either.

Nice first look, Thanks Wes! :slight_smile:

Thanks Wes. Now I just see how 8x RW and -R DL is burned. I still can’t cet 8x RW media here in Estonia. In past 5 weeks 3540 is actually working good for me…
[edited by Juhuslik on 15.06.2005 00:50]

how well does this nd-3540a do when it comes to reading scratched disc? Are there any improvements over the 3520?

Where did you get a fujifilm DVD+R9? Is is mkm 001 media code?

One page 1 is says the drive can write 4x DVD-R DL but the test indicates 6x ?

And according to the picture it was manufacturered in May, not March…

Why does the name of the drive (in the system) begins with a “_” ? Meaning that the name is: “NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A"? Why did the guys at NEC put this "” at the beginning of the name? (I myself have this drive, and also my drive has the _ in its name…) I know that it’s not important - but I’m curious…

@kwkard, the fujifilm DVD+R9 was a sample provided by Fujfilm USA. The MID is RICOHJPND00 @petspeed, I took those specifications off of the NEC website. It looks like NEC made a typo in the specs. @Ron, thx for that. I’m not sure why they use an underscore in the drive ID string, but I shall ask NEC. Please continue the discussion in This Forum Thread. I check the forum much more often than this reaction section. :slight_smile:
[edited by Wesociety on 17.06.2005 23:38]

Why no advanced tests?'Sheep Test":o:o

:*

wait for the full review

I’d say its becuase the “_” character is listed before the “A” in the alphabet so if there’s ever a list of names in alphabetic order NEC is on top. Or maybe its a visual que that we pick up the _NEC easier with our eyes than without.

i will this and my command forward