First Failure with DVD2ONE

Just got my first failure with DVD2ONE after many successes. Trying to code “Usual Suspects” R2 with V1.11, crashes around 96%. Just trying a movie only at the moment to see how that gets on.

Seemed to work OK on movie only, bit worrying though…

I have had this happen, but only on one movie so far.

I just tried it again and on the second attempt, it worked fine (not sure why). I wonder if my system resources were being stretched or used by something running in the background … not realy sure, but I do know that Dvd20ne is very memory hungry.

Try running it through again, after a re-boot and see if it works.

I tried after a full reboot but with the same result. Very strange as I’ve put quite a few DVDs through DVD2ONE without any problems. Still I got the main movie OK, hope it doesn’t happen again.

I burned that movie just last week with the menue and it worked well…

Can I just ask if anyone has tried re-ripping the dvd to your hard disk?
I had this problem with a couple of films, stopping between 96 and 99 percent complete. After looking at the incomplete movie after DVD2One crashes it seems it doesnt copy/convert the video_ts.* files for the full disc copy, but of course doing movie only creates new files.

I havent had the chance to re-rip the DVD’s but if anyone knows different, I’d be glad to hear.

Mark

PS The films were Manhunter and Wizzard of Oz if it matters…
PPS Dont laugh at Wizzard of Oz

I didn’t try to rip the full disk again, just did the movie only the second time. Should it happen again I’ll try another rip.

DVD2One may be bandwidth hungry (memory & hard disk data transfer), but it’s damn stable.

Last night I transcoded 7 movies at the same time and today I burned them in Nero and they all played perfectly… which ones?

1. The Tigger Movie
  2. Shallow Hal
  3. Far From Heaven
  4. Behind Enemy Lines
  5. Black Hawk Down
  6. Rose Red Disc 1
  7. Rose Red Disc 2

If you get errors, chances are your rip had errors. Play back all VOB’s in PowerDVD or something similar to check, but you have to watch it all the way through to make sure.

I’ve had one problem in over 150 backups and it was with In The Bedroom (I posted that in another thread). DVD Decrypter refused to rip correctly no matter what I did - when I play back the ripped VOB’s, the screen was green and the audio dropped in and out. Finally ripped the whole disc again (the exact same disc) using Smart Ripper 2.41 in backup mode and it worked fine with DVD2One - when I viewed the ripped VOB’s they no longer display that green screen or dropped audio. Don’t what the difference is… Smart Ripper had the same problem as DVD Decrypter in Movie Mode or File Mode, but not Backup mode… go figure.

My system:

Athlon 1.4 GHz
768 MB RAM
2 ATA100 drives (40 GB & 80 GB)
Toshiba 16X DVD-ROM
Sony DRU500-A
Nero
DVD Decrypter

I have two dvd drives in my system for ripping discs, because I often find that the Sony (DRU500a) will not rip all movies. I swap to the other drive and it works fine, it just rips at 1.5x cos its locked onto PIO mode. :frowning:

Originally posted by cyberguru
I have two dvd drives in my system for ripping discs, because I often find that the Sony (DRU500a) will not rip all movies. I swap to the other drive and it works fine, it just rips at 1.5x cos its locked onto PIO mode. :frowning:

I had that problem on my Toshiba. I had to go in and change the settings for the drive (Device Manager) to enable DMA.

phuocle: I have been through all kind of hassels with my dvd in PIO mode. But I am stuck until I get a new motherboard… Check out http://www.ntcompatible.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24750 for my adventures…

By the way, what is IC7, I have heard it mentioned several times on forums, but searching for IC7 in google doesnt bring any useful results… I guess IC7 is short for somethng…

Thanks,

Seeya later

IC7 = InstantCopy 7 … a program by Pinnacle.