First Error Seen in DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0

vbimport

Hoi Chummers,

I have been using DVD Decrypter (both the older and newer version) for some time and this was the first error I received. The DVD title giving this error is “PBS Islam Empire of Faith” distributed by Warner Home Video in 2000, running time 163 min, NTSC-B8511. I looked first for scratches or dents in the DVD, something I expected to cause this error, but the disc is far less scratched than others I have copied. None the less, I cleaned it up and it again and tried it again with the same error result. Can this be an old style of copy protection? If you feel the need, please push this to another forum more related to this topic. Thanks

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] MAD DOG MD-16DVD9A2 1.F3 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 18 74 23 00 00 01 00
Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 1602595

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 18 74 23 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

Abort Retry Cancel

“We don’t have any social problems here that a couple of thousand troops won’t solve.”

• Marilyn Schultz, CPA Bagdad, Iraq

In DVD Decrypter click Tools on the menu bar and select Settings. From the Settings dialog click on the I/O tab. There will be an options group bottom right. Check the option “Ignore Read Errors”. You may be able to get the disc copied then, but it’s not guaranteed because some of the data will be corrupted.

Regards

TZ

mmm… I have the same exact problem backing up this one DVD.

I think DISC is scratched to a point where the drive doesnt like it.

I will try the ingore read error option to see if it helps…

thank you

You dont need to enable that option, just click ignore when prompted. It’s better to do it 1 at a time anyway, that way you can also ‘retry’ if you want to.

the only problem i’ve ever gotten from decrypter was when i was using the older version to burn Spanglish,but after I update there’s seems to be no problem at all.

I have another DVD that has same read errors - the Constant Gardener

so the verdict is that its scratched?

The Constant Gardener does, in fact, have a new protection on it (newer Arccos) so it’s a completely different issue from an unprotected PBS documentary!