First DL disk burn on 716 Plextor

Hi,

I just completed my first attempt at creating a DL 8.5 disk on my Plextor 716 drive.

When I tried to play it, I noticed that the menu selection indicator on the dvd menu, wasn’t in the correct location on the screen. When I tried to click on Next, or fastforward, my player would stop/freeze. I’m using Memorex DL dvd+r disk as a test.

Any ideas what is causing this? I’m using Nero 6.0 with latest updates, and my bit type setting is set to DVD-ROM.

Is the DL, the same as the Industry DVD-9 format, or do you need a Dual Layer DVD player to play these disk back?

Thanks.

Matt

This is easy. Don’t use Memorex +R DL media, it’s RITEK D01, known to be difficult.

Try Verbatim +R DL discs instead. A night and day type of difference.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7642562&type=product&id=1134697746286

OK, so you ask for advice on which DVD DL to use on the other topic, and everyone recommended Verbatim, yet you go buy Memorex :confused:

Indeed…

The problem could also be an authoring issue, but better rule out the media issue by using reliable DL discs. Most non-Verbatim DL media is not to be trusted. This will probably change in the next few months (at least I hope so), but for time being, use any other DL discs at your own risks…

Who convinced you to buy Memorex though everyone here told you to buy only Verbatim DL? :confused: - not a friend of yours, I hope… :bigsmile:

<< OK, so you ask for advice on which DVD DL to use on the other topic, and everyone recommended Verbatim, yet you go buy Memorex>>

That’s all that is available in my area. I wanted to see if I can make one first so I just purchase the 3pack, and if it worked then I would purchase the verbatim 50-100 spindle.

I figured out what the problem was. :slight_smile: It had nothing to do with the disk. I went into the next town, and found some Verbatim disk and had the same problem.
It was the way I was using Nero 6. Once I did a disk copy it worked perfect, on both disk Memorex and Verbatim.

This is why I buy the cheap stuff first, once I get my process down, then I make the big investment in the high gear.

Thanks.