First Blu-ray/HD DVD players will lack managed copy support

vbimport

I just posted the article First Blu-ray/HD DVD players will lack managed copy support.

As HD-DVD  and Blu-ray are getting ready for their launch under the interim license agreement  for AACS copy protection, all the first round of players launched under this  agreement will not...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11642-First-Blu-ray_HD-DVD-players-will-lack-managed-copy-support.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11642-First-Blu-ray_HD-DVD-players-will-lack-managed-copy-support.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Just another reason to leave these players in the dust… :wink:

A company quietly working away at a real alternative to these 2 (delayed, will-never-be-as-popular-as-DVD) formats needs to step in and cater to the market that just wants reliable, higher-capacity storage without the technical castrations from the Hollywood.

it would need Hollywood’s support to succeed though…

If it has DRM technology then it has been designed to shaft you. Nobody wants DRM and nobody buys a product because it has DRM. At present DVD remains a great medium and I won’t be ditching it. Also MS need to realise that DRM restricted OS software will not be welcomed and I wonder if the latest delay in Vista’s release is to incorpoate a DRM off function:+

They also will not output the new audio formats DTS HD and DoBly Digital Plus.

Lets face it folks, the average Joe is not buying one anytime soon… I think these players will start to come down in price and really start moving in the 4th quarter of 2006 during the holiday season… Its going to take a few months for the hardware to come down in price…

They thought that dvd video recorders were really going to take off too. Guess why they were so cheap this last christmas season, no one was buying them! People are a lot more informed this time around compared to when they tried to shove divx players down our throats.

>>>> They also will not output the new audio formats DTS HD and DoBly Digital Plus

Oh, I’ll buy a HD-DVD player – when the following conditions have been met: 1) Someone (DVD Jon?) cracks AACS 2) The player must support 1080p & not cost more than $400 CDN 3) An affordable 1080p DLP projector comes on the scene 4) HD-DVD blanks come down to $5 CDN I can’t wait to watch high-def movies in my home theatre, but I’ll do it on my own terms. Oh, yeah… death to Blu-ray, $ony and DRM. :slight_smile:
[edited by DukeNukem on 22.03.2006 16:58]

The more time and money these jerks spend trying to keep people from their fair use rights, the more these people will see it as a challange to circumvent the DRM. Stop wasting the money on DRM and sell at a reasonable price and people don’t make copies because it’s not cost effective. Or sell at outragously high prices and it will be easy to find the pirates. It will be one of the ten people who bought it. Where the hell did these people go to school? They rank right up there with the companies that employ spammers who think they can annoy people into buying their products.

It looks like yet another set of tunnel-visioned corporate executives. These guys are willing to give up millions in profits and delay eagerly awaited product launches for the sake of implementing copy protection schemes that will be circumvented (by programs freely available on the internet) before the first burners are shipped. As Carlos Mencia says “Dee-da-dee!”

It’s going to take more than a few months for hardware prices to drop. I predict it will take 2-3 years for prices to drop to a reasonable level.

“3) An affordable 1080p DLP projector comes on the scene” I’d say there’s your critical path…

>>>> It’s going to take more than a few months for hardware prices to drop

Can backup it? Dont buy it!:S Long live to DVD!:g

so what happens when hollywood studios slowtime dvd releases and put the 2 crap formats first ? cos they are that desperate !

When I say “affordable”, I mean approximately $2,000 CDN. I already have a home theatre and tons of DVD movies, so time is on my side.

“3) A 2000$ 1080p DLP projector comes on the scene” I’d say there’s your critical path…