Firmware

if you update your firmware is it than possible that efm encoding

is supported or has it nothing to do with your firmware.

maybe i have a chance hehe :cool: :rolleyes:

hi,

i cannot really answer your question,

but a long time ago, there was a man called “LocotusOfBorg2K” around the CloneClinic forum. He was a chemical expert, or something. And he worked on a (possible) solution to “patch” the firmware on a writer to record the EFM correctly.
Also someone called “CaptainTrips” allegedly had an easy method (I don’t know if this is true).
I have no idea if they reached their goal …

The “joke” is, that a writer (like PlexWriter PX-W1210A/S) which writes the CD, so that only the writer itself can read the disc properly, MUST write the EFM in some way “correctly”. Otherwise neither a CD-ROM nor a Writer should be able to read the disc anymore (correct me if I’m wrong).

Because we are on topic now, I wanna ask all of you, who have the luck to own a writer which doesn’t need “amplify weak sectors”:

Are copies made with them real 1:1 ???

Because if you record your image with AWS enabled, and compare this copy with the original, you’ll get binary differences :-[

Hi!
My Plex24 are able to back up SD2 without AWS enabled in new CCD4, if I enable it the game doesn´t install.
I have only tried with an older SD2 version 2.05.030.
Have not tried in my Scsi Plex12, but will give it a go this weekend…if the weather is bad:-)

If you get one or two green dots at elby.org you shouldn’y use AWS

Originally posted by FutureProof
If you get one or two green dots at elby.org you shouldn’y use AWS

But wat about the Liteon 24103S? or rather… the 32123S?:slight_smile:

does anyone know? olli?
:confused:

@little-endian

I have a LiteOn LTR-40125S which should be able to write EFM correct. (I haven’t tried it myself.) But I can give it a try!

@C4a0s

According to several users on this forum all LiteOn’s faster than 16 speed can do correct EFM encoding. If you want to know more: check the LiteOn forum. Especially the moderator OC-Freak knows a lot about this subject.

Originally posted by C4a0s
[B]

But wat about the Liteon 24103S? or rather… the 32123S?:slight_smile:

does anyone know? olli?
:confused: [/B]
If you bothered to use the search function you’d find the answer: it’s “yes” for both

> if you update your firmware is it than possible that
> efm encoding is supported or has it nothing to do
> with your firmware.

For all drives I know it has nothing to do with the
firmware, and based on technical considerations
I’m pretty sure it’s the same for all drives I don’t
know.

Originally posted by FutureProof
If you bothered to use the search function you’d find the answer: it’s “yes” for both

oops… sorry abt that… :stuck_out_tongue: