Firmware upgrade problem

I am using a TDK (Liteon OEM) drive and flashed it to S607 and the green LED is on all the time and does not respond to the open/close button. After flashing back to S602, it is working again. Is it possible to upgrade from the S602 firmware to S607? Pls advise. Thanks.

Originally posted by Ome
I am using a TDK (Liteon OEM) drive and flashed it to S607 and the green LED is on all the time and does not respond to the open/close button. After flashing back to S602, it is working again. Is it possible to upgrade from the S602 firmware to S607? Pls advise. Thanks.

have you identified the exact version of your OEM lite-On?

whats the specs of your tdk burner?

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]

have you identified the exact version of your OEM lite-On?

whats the specs of your tdk burner? [/B]

The actual specs are 48x16x48x. With the official firmware upgrade from TDK, it goes to 48x24x48x. I have overclocked it to 52x24x52x using the S602 firmware from Liteon. Hope that you can help me out. Thanks.

Once you have flashed it to 6S02, why not use the LiteOn windows flasher to update to 6S07?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Once you have flashed it to 6S02, why not use the LiteOn windows flasher to update to 6S07?

The original 6S02 firmware was modified to reflect a TDK drive so I m not sure if the windows flasher will work. Used mtkflash in DOS and flashed to 6S07 but drive does not respond.

Originally posted by Ome

The original 6S02 firmware was modified to reflect a TDK drive so I m not sure if the windows flasher will work. Used mtkflash in DOS and flashed to 6S07 but drive does not respond.

as rdgrimes has said, flash your burner with the lite-Ons binary 6S02 firmware.

then use the official windows flasher from lite-ons website to upgrade to 6S07.

you must know this but, just reminding. Don’t keep any disc in the burner while flashing.
:slight_smile:

I have reflashed the drive with a modified 6S07 to reflect the original brand and everything went smoothly. Upon invoking Nero Burning Rom, the drive does not show up in after scanning and only has a image recorder. However, when I use Nero info tool, it does detect the drive. Anyway to solve this?

Update Nero?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Update Nero?

Uninstalled and installed but no avail. After that, I realised that I made some mistakes in the 6S07 bin file that’s why Nero can’t detected the drive. Now working well at 52x24x52x!

Im using the same dvd rw drive as you and im having problems burning a dvd, is there anything i can do to sort it out, firmware/driver update as i cant find anything, thanks.

Hi and welcome!

This 4 years old discussion is about a CD writer, you can’t burn DVDs with that drive.

Michael