Firmware Upgrade Instructions

vbimport

Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to upgrade firmware and whether or not it is wise to jump ahead 4 or 5 versions of the f/w? (IE: I am running FS07 on my Liteon 411S and am looking to upgrade to FS0H)

Thanks!!

Personally, I have never had a problem upgrading firmware on any device. There should never be a problem skipping a couple of upgrade versions and jumping to the latest as long as the model and firmware version match. The Lite-On firmware, in particular, is easy to apply. Download the file, extract it and run. I’ve had my LDW-811S for about a week and have upgraded firmware twice.

Of course, having said all this, you’re probably wiser not to upgrade unless the changes are important to you. This is good advice which I have never heeded.

Originally posted by IC_Light_Lvr
[B]Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to upgrade firmware and whether or not it is wise to jump ahead 4 or 5 versions of the f/w? (IE: I am running FS07 on my Liteon 411S and am looking to upgrade to FS0H)

Thanks!! [/B]