Firmware update TSST L632h

vbimport

I updated my Toshiba Sattelite with Windows 7. I cannot burn a CD on my TSST TS L632H ATA. I need a new firmware update but cannot update becasue it is not comaptable with my drive. Can some one help?

Where did you get the firmware that is incompatible? Many times, OEM manufacturers use proprietary firmware for the optical drives in their computers, and you have to get newer versions directly from them.

To find the correct one for your drive we would probably need the model number of your Toshiba Satellite computer.

Yeah Kerry is right, you need Toshiba specific firmware for this drive. :iagree:

This is the most recent Toshiba specific version (as far as I can tell) and it does all Toshiba drives with that model number.

Download here

There are safety checks built into the installer in any case and unless it detects the correct existing firmware it won’t upgrade.

Full instructions are included.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Means what exactly?
An simple update would never harm the firmware of an optical drive!!

I cannot burn a CD on my TSST TS L632H ATA. I need a new firmware update but cannot update becasue it is not comaptable with my drive. Can some one help?

You think you need…why??
A(nother) firmware is no magical hardware error healer.

[QUOTE=chef;2626382]Means what exactly?
An simple update would never harm the firmware of an optical drive!!

You think you need…why??
A(nother) firmware is no magical hardware error healer.[/QUOTE]

There’s a problem with the original Toshiba firmware for this drive though that prevents burning of CDs in Windows 7 with certain software.

The fix is listed in the instructions included with the firmware update.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Moved to Samsung writers forum.

Michael