Firmware update to GLOJ caused drive to die?

vbimport

Hi guys, I tried searching the forums but coudn’t find an answer to my problem, although i found a similar user with the same problem as mine. I apologize if there is already an answer but wasn’t able to find it somewhere.

I have a lite-on lh-18a1p with the stock firmware GLOF and I read somewhere that upgrading to GLOJ would help the drive read more media, plus I was also experiencing errors during burning some dvd’s so I thought upgrading the firmware might help. So I got the latest fw GLOJ and installed it and now it would not read any media. It worked fine before the update (except for the occasional errors during burning), now when I tried to return to the stock fw GLOF it still wouldn’t read any media.

Has someone experienced this and was able to fix it?

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks

[quote=pao_03;2038610]Hi guys, I tried searching the forums but coudn’t find an answer to my problem, although i found a similar user with the same problem as mine. I apologize if there is already an answer but wasn’t able to find it somewhere.

I have a lite-on lh-18a1p with the stock firmware GLOF and I read somewhere that upgrading to GLOJ would help the drive read more media, plus I was also experiencing errors during burning some dvd’s so I thought upgrading the firmware might help. So I got the latest fw GLOJ and installed it and now it would not read any media. It worked fine before the update (except for the occasional errors during burning), now when I tried to return to the stock fw GLOF it still wouldn’t read any media.

Has someone experienced this and was able to fix it?

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks[/quote]
Did you reboot after flashing? Did you backup your eephrom before you flashed the firmware?

reboot yes, backup no… unfortunately…

Chances of a firmware update causing this are very small. Can you still boot from a bootable CD and/or DVD? You could try uninstalling the IDE Channel with the burner in Device Manager and rebooting your PC to have it reinstalled.