Firmware update needed

vbimport

Hello. I’ve got an old Lite-On LVW-5005 using firmware 0102-1140-0101-M203, with firmware LNFA1101. I can’t download any firmware updates from the Lite-On website as their website really stinks. Anyone have an updated firmware file for this Canadian unit? Thanx.

grmoro, the only later firmware is LNFA1102, and I don’t know if that was ever available for download (I have a 5005XS which came with that firmware).

Are you having any problems with your 5005 that you were hoping to fix with a firmware upgrade?

[QUOTE=afecu;2465914]grmoro, the only later firmware is LNFA1102, and I don’t know if that was ever available for download (I have a 5005XS which came with that firmware).

Are you having any problems with your 5005 that you were hoping to fix with a firmware upgrade?[/QUOTE]

Hello. It sometimes gets stuck when opening the drive door, hence I thought I’d try to get it updated if possible. Will the 5005XS also work on the standard 5005? Thank you.

The 5005XS is essentially a 5005 in the 5007-style case. However there’s no way to get the firmware out of one of these units and I know of no source for the latest firmware.

Your problem is more likely the DVD drive itself… my recollection is that this drive uses a belt to open the tray, and you might see if you can replace that. There’s also a long thread (at the top of the forum list) about drive replacements…