Thanks for the quick response. When you say that perhaps I should hold off, do you mean hold off on installing the firmware or hold off on buying this model of blu-ray writer?
By the way, I plan on using this with a Windows 8.1, 64-bit computer.
Also, I am wondering...If a firmware update is installed and there is a problem with it, can the firmware update be uninstalled putting the firmware status back to how it was before the firmware update was done?
Yes, you may move this thread to the LG forum. That sounds like a good idea.