Firmware update for Benq DW1640

vbimport

Hello
I’m having several problems with this recorder in the operating system Linux and I discovered that there is a problem in the firmware version I’m using q (BSRB). The recorder works fine in windows xp but I would like to use it with the same efficiency also in linux. Is there any firmware newer than the version BSRB for this recorder? Thanks

Hi,

I don’t think there is a newer firmware ftp://mx02.benq-eu.com/dvd-rw/firmware/dw1640/
But maybe an older one could work better for you ? What is you problem with linux ?

[QUOTE=Lithium466;2480619]Hi,

I don’t think there is a newer firmware ftp://mx02.benq-eu.com/dvd-rw/firmware/dw1640/
But maybe an older one could work better for you ? What is you problem with linux ?[/QUOTE]
No open-source software is getting to use the recorder, since they have several instabilities. I even tried several different Linux distributions, with several different software and only nero linux can write with some efficiency. But I can not continue multisession discs recorded on and found other reports of instability with this recorder in linux.

Well, the DW1640 also works well in the BSD-based OS X operating system, so if you’re only having problems with Linux, I would say the problem has something to do with your Linux setup.