Firmware update crash, bye DVD

vbimport

I tried to update the Lite on DH20A1S DVDWriter with UX14 firmware using flash utility v2.2.4 under Windows Vista. First flash utility crashed and then Vista. I made a reset and the bios didn´t recognise the DVD Writer then. Is there any program to recover the firmware, eeprom o something else?

At this moment I can´t connect the device to motherboard because bios runs very slow to detect sata devices (of course DVDWriter doesn´t appear)and then Windows crashes during loading.

Sorry by my English.

I don’t think it’s possible to recover LiteOn SATA drives after a bad flash at all, sorry.

[QUOTE=ivanguerr;2045947]I tried to update the Lite on DH20A1S DVDWriter with UX14 firmware using flash utility v2.2.4 under Windows Vista. First flash utility crashed and then Vista. I made a reset and the bios didn´t recognise the DVD Writer then. Is there any program to recover the firmware, eeprom o something else?

At this moment I can´t connect the device to motherboard because bios runs very slow to detect sata devices (of course DVDWriter doesn´t appear)and then Windows crashes during loading.

Sorry by my English.[/QUOTE]

Not to be on the downside of the O/S but that is part of the reason people don’t like Vista causing so much problem when you update your software or hardware. You should try to contact Liteon about the problem you had under Vista and see if they can help you there.

Uh, maybe you could try with mtkflash in real dos.