FIRMWARE REQUESTS! Read in

vbimport

To all of you that are sending me firmwares: It is not the EXE versions I want, I want the binary .bin files extracted from the drive with mtkflash!!! Sorry if I did not make this clear enough in the first place

Here is what I am looking for:

LTR-32123S bin firmware, all versions except xs0u.
LTR-40125W bin firmware
LTR-24103S bin firmware

Use MTKFLASH, get it here.

Instructions:

Extract all files to a diskette or to a FAT16/32 partitioned drive as DOS won't see NTFS partitions.

Drive must be on the main IDE controller!!!
Boot into real dos modus.
Go to the directory where you have the extracted files.

Type:

MTKFLASH "x" R /B /M filename.bin

Where "x" is a number from 1 to 4:

1: Primary master
2: Primary slave
3: Secondary master
4: Secondary slave

It may take a while to finish so don't panic. This will give a filename.bin file that is about 500-550k. This is the file that I want :wink: So send it to me at oc-freak@cdfreaks.com

To flash a drive using MTKFLASH:

MTKFLASH "x" W /B /M filename.bin

"x" is still the same as above.

[b]And could someone help me out with:

I wan't to edit older firmware upgrade files for windows so they will accept flashing drives with newer firmware revisions. Could someone help me out and learn me how to do that? :wink: [/b]

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Here is what I am looking for:

LTR-32123S bin firmware, all versions except xs0u.
LTR-40125W bin firmware
LTR-24103S bin firmware

Use MTKFLASH, get it here.

Instructions:

Extract all files to a diskette or to a FAT16/32 partitioned drive as DOS won’t see NTFS partitions.

Drive must be on the main IDE controller!!!
Boot into real dos modus.
Go to the directory where you have the extracted files.

Type:

MTKFLASH “x” R /B /M filename.bin

Where “x” is a number from 1 to 4:

1: Primary master
2: Primary slave
3: Secondary master
4: Secondary slave

It may take a while to finish so don’t panic. This will give a filename.bin file that is about 500-550k. This is the file that I want :wink: So send it to me at oc-freak@cdfreaks.com

To flash a drive using MTKFLASH:

MTKFLASH “x” W /B /M filename.bin

“x” is still the same as above.

[b]And could someone help me out with:

I wan’t to edit older firmware upgrade files for windows so they will accept flashing drives with newer firmware revisions. Could someone help me out and learn me how to do that? :wink: [/b] [/B]

I’ll send you both XS0F and XS0R firmwares for Ltr-32123s

Bye

I want the binary files, not the EXE files.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
I want the binary files, not the EXE files.

Sorry…I thought those archive were like Plextor’s,which you can open and decompress wherever you want,getting the binary file.

I don’t own any LiteOn drive at the moment,and when I sent you the files I was at university,and on that pc there’s not any unzip program installed,so I wasn’t able to verify.

Bye

You got the extracted Firmaware WS01 from my LiteOn LTR40125W. I bought it one week ago. Still waiting for the WS02!

Originally posted by gonzos-revenge
You got the extracted Firmaware WS01 from my LiteOn LTR40125W. I bought it one week ago. Still waiting for the WS02!

Does ti already writes in P-Cav?
I’ll get a 40125s on wednesday,but it’s not P-Cav yet and the 0D firmware hasn’t been released…
What are the main differences between 5s and 5w?

Bye

YEAH YEAH YEAH… Then we can try to update our 40125s… :smiley:

I Own a 40125s too… And perhaps with this Firmware we can finaly write in P-Cav-mode… and have Mt.Rainer support…

:smiley: :smiley:

Yes it writes with P-CAV Mode, but there is no support for Mt.Rainier!
Average Write-Speed with Nero CD-Speed 31,48
I`m very disappointed about the missing Mt.Rainier support.

Yes it writes with P-CAV Mode, but there is no support for Mt.Rainier!
Average Write-Speed with Nero CD-Speed 31,48
I`m very disappointed about the missing Mt.Rainier support.

Thanks…

Lg 40x average writing speed is 2x faster…

Bye

OC-Freak, did you ever get the bin file for the 32123S? I flashed with the vs02.bin before I read enough and now my drive won’t work…I know, stupid of me for not reading. Can you send me the original bin for the 32123S? Thanks!!!

OC, I found your bin files. Forget my request, I flashed back to xs0f and all is well with my 32123s.