Firmware Question

vbimport

I have a LG GH22PN20,I was wondering if I install new Firmware where is the Firmware installed on my Computer or is it installed on the CD DVD Drive.I have another CD DVD Drive installed on in PC and it is not an LG I do know that for sure I forget the brand but I would just like to know where the Firmware is installed,the reason for me asking is the Firmware that is already installed or that came on the disk with my LG is not compatible with Window’s 7 and I have the right Firmware I got it from the LG Site but I forgot to ask the agent where the Firmware is stored.

also I was wondering is this burner any good I have not been able to find any review’s on it.

[QUOTE=wade7575;2462254]I have a LG GH22PN20,I was wondering if I install new Firmware where is the Firmware installed on my Computer or is it installed on the CD DVD Drive.I have another CD DVD Drive installed on in PC and it is not an LG I do know that for sure I forget the brand but I would just like to know where the Firmware is installed,the reason for me asking is the Firmware that is already installed or that came on the disk with my LG is not compatible with Window’s 7 and I have the right Firmware I got it from the LG Site but I forgot to ask the agent where the Firmware is stored.[/QUOTE]

Hi and welcom wade7575.
The firmware will be (installed) in the drive, also every drive come with it’s firmware (all the info about reading and writing are in the firmware), you can find the latest firmware here,

[QUOTE=wade7575;2462255]also I was wondering is this burner any good I have not been able to find any review’s on it.[/QUOTE]

This drive appears to be a good burner, you can find a lot on info in the LG GH22N/L Results & Discussion thread .

I’m glad I picked up these Drive’s they both work and the best part is they were brand new and never used and I got them for 10 Bucks each at an Acution Sale.I realize that all Drive’s come with Firmware,I just was not sure if mine would work with Window’s 7.