[Firmware] Optiarc AD-7530B (NX9) & AD-7560A (DX14)

Found them on the web. I just don’t remember witch site, sorry. :confused:

File names:

Link: http://www.easy-share.com/1903432184/OPTIARC-AD-7530B-NX09.zip
CRC32: 17ac5963
MD5: 649873f433f07fd83cc23036299cccb2
SHA1: 35fb5a99e0e7abd6b962d25537e90701f0340d9e

Link: http://www.easy-share.com/1903432194/OPTIARC-AD-7560A-DX14.zip
CRC32: f49ec12f
MD5: 8d11687b6749de8f58ec86e8d36c6f4c
SHA1: e638010088a9c0e00672ca743a0420b8f14fd785

Hope these files can help a lot of people. :cool:

Hey man thanks for posting that firmware for the AD-7560A

Unfortunetly for me it wont let me install the firmware as it says the drive does not match…

I am having alot of difficulty with this drive as i cant install some software of cd’s or play cd-r’s

I have searched and serched and contated my notebook manuf (gatway) and they are unable to provde a firmware that will work with my drive to increas the media that it will read.

Apparently this drive is the same as the QSI SDW-087 which QSI wont support as I cant find any firmware avaiable for it.

I currently have Firmware DX06… My understanding is that there is DX09 possibly DX10 and your DX14. This is honestly driving me nuts…

Lenovo has release a firmware update but i am afraid to install it as i have read that it will mess up the drive

it can be found here…http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_970.html

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do… i dont know why it wont let me install dx14 its very unfortunate.

thanks in advance for any help.

(I f*cking hate forums that move the cursor when the page finishes loading while I’m trying to type…)

I just downloaded this and installed it on my DX06 AD-7560A drive (my laptop’s an Acer Extensa 4420 modded all to hell) under XP SP3. It worked great! It didn’t work the first time because I had DVDInfoPro open and it locked the drive. After I closed DVDInfoPro and relaunched the updater, it worked perfectly! Straight from DX06 to DX14. A standby and resume reset the drive, Windows detected the change, and now I’m rolling in DX14 with full PI/PO scanning capability! I wonder if it improved burn quality… probably not.

THANK YOU FOR THIS UPDATE! May I suggest, though, that since it’s a small download, that you replace the CRC values text with clearer labels and links, so Google can more clearly pick up this treasure in the rough?

Wow you had success… it may be becuase of vista i cant install the update… Does anyone have an ideas as to how to do it in vista. i dont understand these crc32 values or is that just for the actuall download and not the install.

When i click on it it says an Admin must run this file… I click yes…

Then when i click update it says the drive does not match.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

Thanks, man! I knew when I found it that it would help at least 1 or 2 forum members. About your suggestion. Could you give me an example? Maybe rewritting those values in bold or removing them?

Peace. :cool:

[QUOTE=Falcon4;2213753](I f*cking hate forums that move the cursor when the page finishes loading while I’m trying to type…)

I just downloaded this and installed it on my DX06 AD-7560A drive (my laptop’s an Acer Extensa 4420 modded all to hell) under XP SP3. It worked great! It didn’t work the first time because I had DVDInfoPro open and it locked the drive. After I closed DVDInfoPro and relaunched the updater, it worked perfectly! Straight from DX06 to DX14. A standby and resume reset the drive, Windows detected the change, and now I’m rolling in DX14 with full PI/PO scanning capability! I wonder if it improved burn quality… probably not.

THANK YOU FOR THIS UPDATE! May I suggest, though, that since it’s a small download, that you replace the CRC values text with clearer labels and links, so Google can more clearly pick up this treasure in the rough?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it’s related to the oem provider. Could you please post your specs?

Peace.

[QUOTE=Sapphire1;2210568]Hey man thanks for posting that firmware for the AD-7560A

Unfortunetly for me it wont let me install the firmware as it says the drive does not match…

I am having alot of difficulty with this drive as i cant install some software of cd’s or play cd-r’s

I have searched and serched and contated my notebook manuf (gatway) and they are unable to provde a firmware that will work with my drive to increas the media that it will read.

Apparently this drive is the same as the QSI SDW-087 which QSI wont support as I cant find any firmware avaiable for it.

I currently have Firmware DX06… My understanding is that there is DX09 possibly DX10 and your DX14. This is honestly driving me nuts…

Lenovo has release a firmware update but i am afraid to install it as i have read that it will mess up the drive

it can be found here…http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_970.html

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do… i dont know why it wont let me install dx14 its very unfortunate.

thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sapphire1;2213988]Wow you had success… it may be becuase of vista i cant install the update… Does anyone have an ideas as to how to do it in vista. i dont understand these crc32 values or is that just for the actuall download and not the install.

When i click on it it says an Admin must run this file… I click yes…

Then when i click update it says the drive does not match.

I hope someone can help

Thanks[/QUOTE]

About those CRC values. These are sums made of the original files with a small utility. You download the file. Check with the program and se if the values match. If they match, you’re download is not corrupt, otherwise, try again. It’s just a clever way to check if the file is corrupt or have been hacked/infected. Got it?

Peace.

EDIT: I just found why my update is not working for you. IBM/Lenovo uses other firmware sequence instead of the DX’s. That’s why it’s refusing to update your drive. You should contact Lenovo about this issue. Maybe some more experienced user can mod the file I posted and eliminate the “check” it makes against the drive and flash it straight away.

Could some forum member help us?

Peace.

Actually I don’t have a Lenovo i was just referencing the Fix that they put out… My Laptop is a Gateway (now owned by acer)

The following are my specs… I have a feeling it has to do with VISTA:( It asks me everyime if im an admin when running in xp emu mode or visa mode… Win 98/Me it wont even run. I have tried playing with the permissions and even booting in safe mode… No difference… Either the update really dosent match my drive or vista is a POS

Here are my Specs…

Nero InfoTool 2.21

Drive Information

Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A
Type : DVD-RAM Recorder
Firmware Version : DX06
Buffer Size : 2 MB
Date : ?
Serial Number : *****
Vendor Specific : Apr17,2007
Drive Letter : E:
Mechanism : Tray
Read Speed : 24 , 20 , 16 , 10 X
Write Speed : 24 , 20 , 16 , 10 X

Read CD Text : Yes
Return C2 Pointers : Yes
Read CD-R : Yes
Read CD-RW : Yes
Read DVD-ROM : Yes
Read DVD-RAM : Yes
Read DVD-R : Yes
Read DVD-RW : Yes
Read DVD+R : Yes
Read DVD+RW : Yes
Read DVD+R DL : Yes
Read Digital Audio : Yes
Read CD+G : Yes
Read VideoCD : Yes

Write CD-R : Yes
Write CD-RW : Yes
Write DVD-R : Yes
Write DVD-RW : Yes
Write DVD+R : Yes
Write DVD+RW : Yes
Write DVD+R DL : Yes
Write DVD-RAM : Yes
Buffer Underrun Protection : Yes
Mount Rainier : No
Modes : Packet, TAO, DAO, SAO, RAW SAO, RAW DAO, RAW SAO 16, RAW SAO 96, RAW DAO 16, RAW DAO 96

Region Protection Control : RPC II
Region : 1
Changes User : 4
Changes Vendor : 4

I have updated my gx700 laptop drive Optiarc AD-7530B nx2 to nx9, which the above firmware worked like a charm.

Nero InfoTool 5.3.1.0

Drive Information

Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530B
Type : DVD±R/RW DL Recorder
Firmware Version : NX09
Buffer Size : 2 MB
Date : ?
Serial Number : 30648420 1091339Q111
Vendor Specific : Sep03,2007
Drive Letter : F:
Mechanism : Tray
Read Speed : 24 , 20 , 16 , 10 , 5 X
Write Speed : 24 , 20 , 16 , 10 X

Hey thanks a lot for the link…you r a god send for me…I’ve been struggling hard to get the firmware for optiarc ad 7560a on the net since I’ve updated my drive with a wrong firmware version d803…At first I was having dx09 and wanted it back…but instead of getting dx09 you gave me dx14…You really rock dude…Many many Thanks! one again…

dont flash anything while you dont have troubles!

Hey Guys,

My ad-7560a does not read DVD’s any more. I have tried the new firmware etc. from the sony site auto-update. no luck. wondering what to do? appreciate your help…Current firmware update is DS04.

Thank you man. Got a new Acer 5520 Vista laptop with an Optiarc 7560 DX09 and now its DX14… :flower::flower::flower:

Where the heck is a firmware page for this drive??? Help me Liggy…

谢谢了,非常感谢,也许这里没人认识我的字

Thank you, Thank you very much, perhaps no one here knows that I am the word

damn, i got a crazy ad-7530b here, it had nx02 and i flashed nx09 and now it doesn´t read any dvd-r anymore :confused: and slow as hell to read other medias…

anybody here with nx02 firmware could dump it and send it to the forum to help us try reverting…

don´t know what happened with that crap here, and i need to reinstall my OS and definitely need my drive :confused:

[QUOTE=Sapphire1;2210568]Hey man thanks for posting that firmware for the AD-7560A

…[quote]

Hey man,

This firmware DX14 works great for me, at my [B]Acer Aspire 2920-6592[/B], with Vista Premium, and AD-7560A with DX06 (released 2007).

I install DX14 (released 2008) it’s work fine. See specs now (By Everest):

Device Description Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA Device
Serial Number 30648490 2598474Q111
Firmware Revision DX14
Firmware Date 14/02/2008
Buffer Size 2 MB
Manufacturer Optiarc
Device Type DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM
Interface ATAPI
Region Code 4
Remaining User Changes 4
Remaining Vendor Changes 4

Writing Speeds
DVD+R9 Dual Layer 6x
DVD+R 8x
DVD+RW 8x
DVD-R9 Dual Layer 6x
DVD-R 8x
DVD-RW 6x
DVD-RAM 5x
CD-R 24x
CD-RW 24x

Reading Speeds
DVD-ROM 8x
CD-ROM 24x

Supported Disk Types
BD-ROM Not Supported
BD-R Not Supported
BD-RE Not Supported
HD DVD-ROM Not Supported
HD DVD-R Not Supported
HD DVD-RW Not Supported
DVD-ROM Read
DVD+R9 Dual Layer Read + Write
DVD+R Read + Write
DVD+RW Read + Write
DVD-R9 Dual Layer Read + Write
DVD-R Read + Write
DVD-RW Read + Write
DVD-RAM Read + Write
CD-ROM Read
CD-R Read + Write
CD-RW Read + Write

Optical Drive Features
Buffer Underrun Protection Supported
C2 Error Pointers Supported
CD+G Supported
CD-Text Supported
Hybrid Disc Not Supported
JustLink Supported
LabelFlash Not Supported
Layer-Jump Recording Supported
LightScribe Not Supported
Mount Rainier Not Supported
SMART Supported
CSS Supported
CPRM Supported
AACS Not Supported
VCPS Supported
BD CPS Not Supported

Device Manufacturer
Company Name Sony NEC Optiarc Inc.
Product Information http://www.sonynec-optiarc.com/products/index.html
Firmware Download http://www.sonynec-optiarc.com

Thanks for topic creator and everyone.

ive updated my ad-7530b with this nx09 and no longer reads DVD.

does any one have de nx02 or nx06 to send me, please?

best regards.

Try http://www.firmwarehq.com/ or http://tdb.rpc1.org/ or google for it…

Have you tried to flash it again with the same firmware?

[QUOTE=Llun;2473236]Try http://www.firmwarehq.com/ or http://tdb.rpc1.org/ or google for it…

Have you tried to flash it again with the same firmware?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ive tried.

Ive been searching in google for 2 weeks. This version NX09 is not ok for me, so im looking for NX02 or NX06.

In http://www.firmwarehq.com/ theres only this NX09 and in http://tdb.rpc1.org/ thers no one for it.

Best regards.

Try sending a email to Optiarc asking for the firmware… but i am trying to find it for you…

Tnx man, i appreciate, if u find, contact me by email please: "uiratan@gmail.com"

Some days ago i send an email too, just waiting.

Regards.