Hello all !

Have a nice computer :

Motherboard : Foxconn RS690M2MA
CPU : AMD Anthlon 6000 + X2
RAM : 2GB
HDD : Samsung HD501 LJ 500 GB
Grapich Card : XFX Nvidia 9600 GT 512 MB+796 MB shared from RAM
Monitor: Samsung 931 BW 19 ‘’ WS
DVD : ( Sony-Nec) Optiarc DVD Rw AD-7191S ( Sata 150 )
My problem is the Optiarc DVD Player / Burner

Since 2 days ago someone I know ordered 100 DVD’s ( 2x 50 Spindel ) Memorex 16 x DVD +R

Yesterday they arrived and he burned 3 dvd’s with his PC ( also a NEC burner )

But then i wanted to burn a DVD , Pc was ready to burn i popped in the DVD but nothing happend, clicked on the DVD drive and he ejected…
Then i found out that on the DVD cakebox standed : Attention DVD Drive owners , updating yuore drives and recordes for 16 X DVD+r Discs…

Then i googled my Firmware upgrade !

I came in the Optiarc website , Version 1.02 ! ‘’ This driver is for the newest DVD’s for writing / reading ‘’

I tought creat that’s one i needed

Clicked download etc etc

When i was installing it said :

Patching from version : 1.02 to Version 1.02 !

This was not correct , i continued, rebooted as it said and was hopefully it was working but no …

I’m completly confused etc , i hope you guys can help me out !

Thanks

[quote=Osnaat;2143083]Hello all !

Have a nice computer :

Motherboard : Foxconn RS690M2MA
CPU : AMD Anthlon 6000 + X2
RAM : 2GB
HDD : Samsung HD501 LJ 500 GB
Grapich Card : XFX Nvidia 9600 GT 512 MB+796 MB shared from RAM
Monitor: Samsung 931 BW 19 ‘’ WS
DVD : ( Sony-Nec) Optiarc DVD Rw AD-7191S ( Sata 150 )
My problem is the Optiarc DVD Player / Burner

Since 2 days ago someone I know ordered 100 DVD’s ( 2x 50 Spindel ) Memorex 16 x DVD +R

Yesterday they arrived and he burned 3 dvd’s with his PC ( also a NEC burner )

But then i wanted to burn a DVD , Pc was ready to burn i popped in the DVD but nothing happend, clicked on the DVD drive and he ejected…
Then i found out that on the DVD cakebox standed : Attention DVD Drive owners , updating yuore drives and recordes for 16 X DVD+r Discs…

Then i googled my Firmware upgrade !

I came in the Optiarc website , Version 1.02 ! ‘’ This driver is for the newest DVD’s for writing / reading ‘’

I tought creat that’s one i needed

Clicked download etc etc

When i was installing it said :

Patching from version : [B]1.02 to Version 1.02 ![/B]

This was not correct , i continued, rebooted as it said and was hopefully it was working but no …

I’m completly confused etc , i hope you guys can help me out !

Thanks

[/quote]
Greetings and welcome to CD Freaks :flower:
Sorry no one has replied to your issue :frowning:
What software are you trying to use when you copy/burn a DVD ? it my not be a firmware problem …but just a setting in the software.

The link below is for the firmware for your drive just in case your download of the firmware had been incorrect
http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/bios_firmware/optical_drives/companies/nec/models/ad-7191s/8061.html

I use DVD Shrink

But if i put just the DVD in my drive when i don’t use any software , he doesn’t regonize him at all …

And if i put in a 8x DVD in my case , he regonize him in 1 time and ask me : What want you to do with this blance DVD ?

Like burn with Windows etc.

I starting to think my NEC don’t see the Memorex dvd’s …

And that link i tried that application for like 5 times :frowning:

[quote=Osnaat;2143591]I use DVD Shrink

But if i put just the DVD in my drive when i don’t use any software , he doesn’t regonize him at all …

And if i put in a 8x DVD in my case , he regonize him in 1 time and ask me : What want you to do with this blance DVD ?

Like burn with Windows etc.

I starting to think my NEC don’t see the Memorex dvd’s …

And that link i tried that application for like 5 times :([/quote]
Memorex is not a good choice for media, I have some and can only use them in one of my 5 drives the other 4 drives either does not see them or they have play back issues.
You may want to go out and pickup some Verbatims and give them a try, the problem is most likly the media.

Allright
Thanks very much then :bow:

Luckely they work @ my dad’s PC & we have a 8GB USB stick so i can put movies on that and burn them

Thanks very much again :slight_smile:

Will try soon something else

[quote=Osnaat;2143622]Allright
Thanks very much then :bow:

Luckely they work @ my dad’s PC & we have a 8GB USB stick so i can put movies on that and burn them

Thanks very much again :slight_smile:

Will try soon something else[/quote]
Like I said try Verbatim disc they are top quality media and will give you better results

Aye saw them on our order site www.opus.nl ( International site from Stock house in Germany )

We buy the Printable versions , but since everything changed from 8x to 16x not all brands are in stock, we usually have Samsung wich is good, but they were not in stock and the Verbatim also temporary not in stock,

so just bad luck …

[quote=Osnaat;2143642]Aye saw them on our order site www.opus.nl ( International site from Stock house in Germany )

We buy the Printable versions , but since everything changed from 8x to 16x not all brands are in stock, we usually have [B]Samsung[/B] wich is good, but they were not in stock and the Verbatim also temporary not in stock,

so just bad luck …[/quote]
Samsung Disc :Z …your best bet and buy will be Verbatim, will never go wrong with them :wink:

try burning with imgburn, please post a log.

here is official optiarc firmware
http://www.sonynec-optiarc.eu/uploads/XQ/2H/XQ2HHEywnW5V97uWewQKuQ/DPH3_102WIN.zip

or read this to crossflash to lite-on
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/how-crossflash-optiarc-ad-7190-7191-liteon-dh-20a3x-235438/