Firmware nec2500 or tdk880?

Is the firmware of the new tdk880 better as the one from the nec2500?

anybody infos?

Why do you ask? I can’t imagine you having problems with the 2500A firmware (besides RITEKG04 maybe).

The TDK firmware is v1.31 while the official NEC is still only 1.06. There might be support for more media in the TDK revision (including more media @ 8X?) though I’m not able to confirm this myself. Besides somebody posted a while ago that he was achieving better read results with TDK.

Anyway, it should be quite safe to give it a try.

Cheers,
Peter

at the test in cdrlabs.com the tdk burns 8x on TTG01 DVD-R 4x discs.with the org. nec firmware only at 4x.

Originally posted by konsolen
at the test in cdrlabs.com the tdk burns 8x on TTG01 DVD-R 4x discs.with the org. nec firmware only at 4x.

Should be supported in my 1.07 @ 8x! I just checked and there IS a 8x writing strategy for TTG01 in it!

very great herrie!

when is your 1.07 firm final?

Originally posted by konsolen
[B]very great herrie!

when is your 1.07 firm final? [/B]

Not for awhile, BETA 6 should be released soon though…
For this exact moment, I would highly recommend Herries’ patched 1.07 beta 5! An excellent firmware it is!

Originally posted by wesociety
Not for awhile, BETA 6 should be released soon though…
For this exact moment, I would highly recommend Herries’ patched 1.07 beta 5! An excellent firmware it is!

@wesociety

Is Herrie’s Beta 5 best to use for -R discs? As far as I can tell from the thread on Beta 6 all of the work being done is on +R.

If I am right, what is the “best” fw to use for -R discs in terms of write quality? RPC1 and (un)riplock would be a nice bonus.

Cheers

Milamber³

Originally posted by MilamberCubed
[B]@wesociety

Is Herrie’s Beta 5 best to use for -R discs? As far as I can tell from the thread on Beta 6 all of the work being done is on +R.

If I am right, what is the “best” fw to use for -R discs in terms of write quality? RPC1 and (un)riplock would be a nice bonus.

Cheers

Milamber³ [/B]

Beta 6 will be the best release for -R media. Upto beta 5 I only worked on +R media. I expect to have Beta 6 ready tonight!

Originally posted by Herrie
Beta 6 will be the best release for -R media. Upto beta 5 I only worked on +R media. I expect to have Beta 6 ready tonight!

SWEET! I have had my 2500 less than a week and have been on here even less but already I get the impression that you put an amazing amount of work into this Herrie!

I will keep my eyes peeled for it. If you need a mirror for it (i dont know how many people will want this) then I can put it on my PC at university. The connection there goes up to 5MB/sec! Up and down!

Thank you again!

Milamber³

Thats good news! So I can at least compare all different media I have :slight_smile: