Which disc drives allow for the greatest fun for firmware hacking?
- Overspeed reading (eg. ×20 CAV on DVD-RW).
- 100% manual speed control (eg. enforce high reading speeds).
- Incorrect writing speeds! (eg. enforxing writing DVD-RW at ×16 CAV; writing CD-RW-UltraSpeed at ×4).
- Reading CDs with 60× CAV (AOpen beaten).
- ☆What are some funny firmware hacks you know?☆
I am looking forward to the ultimate laboratory fun.
Of course, I expect some discs to be unreadable, but that’s the exact purpose: experimenting the speed tolerance and results of writing at incorrect speeds.