Firmware issue... I think

I have a Samsung TS-H652, and it’s not opening. I believe it’s firmware related, because I was flashing the firmware for another drive, but I think I accidentally put it on this one.

I downloaded the latest firmware for the drive, but it tells me it’s not compatible.

It’s listed as CPK YF8HEV4T6N 1.03 in sfdnwin.

I think you made it a firmware problem then.

“CPK YF8HEV4T6N 1.03” doesnt sound like an drive key ID, but like a virtual one.

What did you flash on the drive?

[QUOTE=chef;2224772]What did you flash on the drive?[/QUOTE]

Xtreme TS-H943…

[QUOTE=Swiftblade;2224786]Xtreme TS-H943…[/QUOTE]

Where does that come from?

Not from Samsung or TSST?!

It’s Xbox360 firmware…

Then your warranty & drive is toast…

Hi and Welcome!

You managed to force flash a firmware for a Sata DVD-ROM onto a Pata DVD burner.

I agree with chef: This drive is dead. FUBAR. R.I.P.

Michael

I’d just like to let you all know that I fixed it by flashing it the same way I did before, but I replaced the xbox firmware with the right firmware for the drive. Works like a charm now.

Glad you got it sorted. I never expected the drive to survive this torture :slight_smile:

Well you were very fortunate that you was able to bring the drive back to life after a bad flash like that.
In a case like that of a bad flash with the wrong FW like the others have said it is usually a lost cause
and the drive quickly becomes an expensive door stop. :doh: :sad: I would still keep an eye on the quality
of burns from that drive to make sure that it doesn’t suffer any adverse effects from that bad flash. :eek:

[QUOTE=Swiftblade;2226172]I’d just like to let you all know that I fixed it by flashing it the same way I did before, but I replaced the xbox firmware with the right firmware for the drive. Works like a charm now.[/QUOTE]

Happy camper!