Firmware for TSST corp TS-L633M?

I have an HP laptop EliteBook 6930p. The DVD writer it comes with is a somewhat obscure (in my opinion) - TS-L633M - for one thing, I would not put a writer made by a joint venture of Samsung and Toshiba on a laptop that costs as much as a second-hand car!

Anyway, the TS-L633M is the noisiest drive I have had, it also does not recognize rewritable discs and refuses to erase them. I suppose it is a firmware problem, however firmware for this specific model is nowhere to be found, except maybe on the link below, but since I cannot tell the version I have, I do not dare to flash it:

http://www.firmwarehq.com/drive.php?drive_id=732&sort=date&order=0

Even Nero Info Tool does not show the firmware version, and the Samsung auto-update firmware soft does not support this model!

It looks hopeless!

Please, help! :bow:

I think it is the latest

http://www.samsungodd.com/kor/Firmware/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp?SearchWord=&SearchMode=&product_code=&language_code=&PageNumber=2

Hi,[QUOTE=dvdwiz;2272983]I have an HP laptop EliteBook 6930p. The DVD writer it comes with is a somewhat obscure (in my opinion) - TS-L633M - for one thing, I would not put a writer made by a joint venture of Samsung and Toshiba on a laptop that costs as much as a second-hand car![/quote]would you prefer a Mat[U]shit[/U]a (nomen est omen) then? :bigsmile:

Anyway, the TS-L633M is the noisiest drive I have had, it also does not recognize rewritable discs and refuses to erase them. I suppose it is a firmware problem, however firmware for this specific model is nowhere to be found,
The only source for your drive is HP support website. Other firmwares can be flashed “by force”, but this will void your warranty.
The inability to work with rewriteable media might also be some software related issue.
Deamon Tools or Alcohol (for example) have some “hide writeable media” feature. In case you have such software installed, then read the documentation in order to change that option.

Otherwise contact HP support for assistance, since this laptop should still be within the warranty period.

Michael

it also does not recognize rewritable discs and refuses to erase them.

did you install Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%?

Thanx, everybody! I do have Alcohol installed and I did turn the ignore media type function on - only I have totally forgotten about this!

Thank you for pointing it out!