Firmware for the dx-20a3h

vbimport

hi, I was curious about something.
Since I can’t find any firmware for the external/lightscribe burner dx-20a3h, would it be possible to us the dh-20a3h firmware on it?

Hi Mickael007 :slight_smile:

Yes you can use the DH-20A3H firmware in your drive. I’d recommend the test firmware here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-dh20a3-test-firmware-results-discussion-227621/

That’s good to know then! thanks for informing me of that.

What’s the difference between the ones under “download” and the ones under " [B]Higher 12x RPM Downloads" [COLOR=Black]?

Can you recommend me one to download? I’m not very intellectual when it comes to this stuff. I just like to check up on my dvd hardware for firmware updates once in awhile :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again:bow:

[/COLOR][/B]

The “Higher 12x RPM” firmware ramps up to 12x burning via CAV quicker before staying and finishing at 12x CLV burning. Typically, the results compared to the “regular” 12x PCAV burning are the same, thus, the benefit is reduced time. But you should try them and see which one fits better.

FYI, these are TEST firmwares, not official ones, so you will be relinquishing any warranty claims. You should try to burn a few discs with the stock firmware in there.

[QUOTE=KTL;2093431]FYI, these are TEST firmwares, not official ones, so you will be relinquishing any warranty claims. You should try to burn a few discs with the stock firmware in there.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but I disagree with this. This firmware has no support other than using the thread here at cdfreaks, but the firmware is official test firmware from LiteOn/PLDS and the warranty is still valid. If the drive should fail for some reason, just flash the drive back to standard firmware, if possible, before returning the drive, to avoid confusion.

I’d suggest that you use this latest firmware in the thread I linked to: DH20A3H - YV68 HT717 H12X

It’s very good firmware, with excellent media learning ability.

Make sure you check out the Settings Utility to get the best from the firmware. I normally enable all options but you may wish to leave overspeed off for the best results.

thanks buddy :slight_smile:
appreciate all your help :smiley:

You’re right, my mistake. I forgot these were released by Wind. :doh: