FIRMWARE FOR OPTODISC OP4 DVD+RW @4x

Hi all,

I have bought some Magnex Dvd+RW and they’re in fact Optodisc OP4. Theor cover reports a 4x burning speed, but in fact with my nec 2510a I can only reach a maximum speed of 2,4x (strangely enough, my Teac/LiteOn 811 can burn them at 4x) :frowning:

Does someone know a firmware capable of burning them at 4x with a decent quality?

thank you all.

Herrie’s f/w will make you burn almost any media on 8X

I tried 107v2b4 and b5 but I was not still able to burn this type of media at their rated 4x speed :frowning: (now I’m using 2.15 modified by Dangerous Brothers)

Please use the search button.
OPTODISC0P4 is on Herries’ “to do” list. It should be added to the next firmware with 4X support.
It was perviously added to Herries 107 beta 9 firmware.
Search for 2k5107b9a.rar on file mirrors if you want that version.
Note that 107b9 does have major problems with DVD-R @ 8X.

Dear Inferno83,
I used the Herrie 107beta9, allowing 4x on Optodisc OP4 with very bad results. The problem is not the Herrie firmware but the disk. Using EVERY firmware around at 2.4x i got very bad results as well (search the forum for beppes and optodisc op4). I’m very interested in looking at a scan of your disk, to see whether I got (100!!!) bad discs or Optodisk OP4 are garbadge.
beppes

:eek: :eek:

The odd thing is that with my Teac@Liteon811 I can write these discs at 4x with a decent quality (something like average 60 PI errors and average 1 PO errors). But I must admit that one of these discs became unreadable just after a month (but only one, of the 4 discs burnt with the LiteOn).

Maybe I need to remain with my LiteOn for burning them. Anyway, when I have time I’m going to post some scans done with these Optodisc op4.

Thank you all.

I used it, but I did not found that @4x for this type of media was removed in later versions of Herrie’s firmware, so excuse me. :stuck_out_tongue: