Firmware for Matshita UJ-840S

Hi all,

Where could I find the newest firmware for Matshita UJ-840S

I am having some problems with this drive, it would only burn at 2x from an NERO 7 image!?

Thank you.

Regards,

Please ask your OEM. Matshita gives no support because it only sells OEM drives.

I got the ACER travelmate 8210-6880 and it has that drive built in. I tried Acer but no luck…

Is there any other way I could get this? Thank you.

AFAIK there are no firmware downloads available for these drives anywhere, with the exception of Sony, NEC and Packard Bell OEM drives.

I have the same Matshita UJ-840S drive in my Acer TravelMate 4604 laptop, and I haven’t found firmware for this drive anywhere.

Great, don’t you think. I will send an e-mail to Panasonic/Matshura/Matishuta support this instant.

I am having problem using an ext. dvd rw with this unit and burning two DVD at once with the newest NERO Premium. I get the message that the drive spead is not compatible!=!=?

Firstly it is Panasonic/Matshita/Matsushita and like I wrote before, you’ll only get this answer (which is also on their support sites) :
“Please ask your OEM for support, because M. doesn’t sell drives itself and does not provide support therefore.”

well, what the heck.
my matshita uj-840 drive does not work!!!
it has not worked for two years.
i have a MADDOG external drive, which works fine.

I can not figure out how to get the matshita to function.
can any one help???

[QUOTE=soac;2039322]well, what the heck.
my matshita uj-840 drive does not work!!!
it has not worked for two years.
i have a MADDOG external drive, which works fine.

I can not figure out how to get the matshita to function.
can any one help???[/QUOTE]

Replace it.