Firmware for iHAS242-32 A?

vbimport

Hi,

I just installed my new iHAS424-32A. I was hoping someone could clarify a few things for me. Are the firmwares listed here:

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#iHAS124-A

the right one’s for my drive? The lite-on website doesn’t have any firmwares listed for this drive which is a little odd. I also ask because Lite-On do several revisions of the iHAS124 series (eg iHAS124-08) which apparently have different chipsets. Surely the same firmware won’t work all iHAS424 drives?

Regards,
Achelon

Post a dump of the current firmware, so we can have a look at it.

Here is the current firmware.iHAS424-32A-ZL1P.rar.

Btw, the drive is an iHAS424-32A. Looking at my previous post I can see I got my models in a muddle.

I find the new numbering scheme very confusing. Some ppl say the iHAS424-32 is a rebadge of an optiarc, but for me all the mediatek tools such as ltnflash, eeprom utility and flash utility work fine.

Regards,
Achelon

[QUOTE=Achelon;2484818]I find the new numbering scheme very confusing.
Some ppl say the iHAS424-32 is a rebadge of an optiarc, but for me all the mediatek tools such as ltnflash, eeprom utility and flash utility work fine.[/QUOTE]

You can say that again! … and it just got even more confusing, since it would seem that some iHAS424-32 drives are in fact MTK (iHAS424-32 A like in your case), while others are Optiarc clones (iHAS424-32 Y like in my case) :doh: