Firmware for dvd-Rom JLMS XJ-HD166S

Hello ,
I have here this DVD Rom. Is it possible to change the firmware ? For this moment this drive has the DPS3 . Where can I find newer and better firmware ?
Thanks for help
greetings DD24 :wink:

Hi,

that looks as if that were some OEM firmware. If you don’t mind voiding any warranty, have a look at http://digi.rpc1.org

Michael

Otherwise, on The Firmware Page you can find a newer version DPS[B]7[/B] (reported as HP OEM). :slight_smile:

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

Thanks for the links :iagree:

You could try Codeguys’ firmwares. They have rip lock removed, so they read very-very fast.
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/dvdrom/166S.DS1A-DS1C-DS1E.patched.rar

I made an update to firmware DSP7 . Unfortunately it is not possible to change to DS1E… .
Error message :
[B]NO MATCHED DRIVE DETECTED !
THIS UTILITY IS ONLY FOR JLMS XJ-HD166S DRIVE

DETECTED DRIVES :
1-0-0-0 Y: HL-DT-STDVDRRW GSA-4166B 1.02
1-0-1-0 Z: JLMS XJ-HD166S DPS7[/B]

I have tested as master , Slave and only the XJ-HD166S drive :disagree:

You cannot use official flashers. Go to the codeguys site and use their flasher.

@Chef

Thanks , it works . I have new FW- DS1Ebin in the XJ-HD166S :slight_smile:

Greetings DD24 :wink:

Happy Ending. :wink:

hey chef

I have a windows xp service pack 2 home edition version 2002 AMD 2800+ 2.08 Ghz and 448 MB memory
i also have the JLMS XJ-HD166S dvd drive and it can’t read any cds os dvds (it doesn’t play audio cds or dvd movies). when you put the cd in it sounds as it is spinning and it keeps doing that for 1 min and then it stops. no autoplay shows up or anything.if i right click the dvd drive and click open it says to insert something in it. i unuinstalled the drive with device manager and installed it back but it didn’t work.
i don’t know what my problem is: if i have to clean the lenses or download this firmware you guys are talking about.

if you have any questions about my computer, ask and any help is appriciated.

i went to the codeguys website and downloaded the zip file. i unzipped it and it had 3 folders. i chose the one that says “DS1E this is the newest” and clicked on the 16x folder (because i think that’s for the dvd writing speed) and now there’s eight different files to choose and i don’t know which onw to choose.

Hi and Welcome!

please start with cleaning the drive and see if that works.
Your issues are not firmware related at all, so no fiddling with firmware required.

Michael

Hey mciahel

What do you mean clean the drive? Clean it with what?

Thanks

[QUOTE=qwerty2008;2303851]
What do you mean clean the drive?[/quote]Open the drive and remove all dust, especially from the lens.

Clean it with what?
A lint-free cloth (perhaps with some Isopropanol) or one of these brushed that are designed to clean camera lens.
Instead of opening the drive, you can also try a can of compressed air.

Stay clear from these “lens cleaner discs”.

Michael

thanks i’ll give it a try

Mr. Qwerty,

Have you found a solution? I am having the exact same problem. Did cleaning the drive help?