Firmware for a laptop Matshita UJDA760 DVD/CDRW

Hey guys,
I have Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 laptop with a Matshita UJDA760 DVD/CDRW combo drive. Its working fine (not that I use it to burn much). It has firmware 1.50 installed. I have looked on the Toshiba site and on Google but I can’t find any firmware updates for it. Is it even possible to update it? Any ideas?

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

This is a relatively new drive. If the Toshiba website does not list any firmware updates, then none are available at the moment.

CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo technology is pretty mature and Matshita has already gone through quite a number of UJDA7xx slimtype combo models, so I doubt that there would be much to be gained for a firmware update if there was one.

Ah ok thanks :slight_smile:

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

grrr…
I have an Acer TravelMate 2310, It has got a Matshita - UJDA760 drive
and it refuses to read certain DVDs i think DVDs that have been burned with multisessions… and also dual layer dvds
will there be a firmware update to fix this???

Acer isnt helping

No. If it’s an hardware problem, then never.

is it a hardware issue?

is it a harware issue?
(sorry duplicate post)

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a matshita UJDA760 DVD/CDRW that stopped working. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but I get a message that says the driver is current but it cant find the hardware (error code 41). Mechanically it seems like my disc drive is working normally. Anybody got any ideas?

You have the errorcode, search the ms support!