Firmware for 48246S

it said i alredy have the Ss09 installed but i cant burn at 52x.

so i got the 6s07 and it said it couldnt detect the LTR-52246S drive… i dont have that.

basicly i am a newbie… and i love this site. i would like to flash my 48246S to burn at 52x. if there is a STEP BY STEP tutorial on how to do this and EXACTLY what files i need… if you can make one for me or if there is one floating around on the web please tell me about it.

sean

Get Flashfix from Mango/digi/digitri’s site [link]
Get the Lite-ON LTR-52246S Windows Flasher [link]
Go to start, run, and type in “cmd”
Navigate to wherever you have extracted FlashFix and the 6S08 Windows Flasher and type in “flashfix 6S08.exe”
Once you have done this, run the 6s08.exe that flashfix patched.

If you can’t handle that all, then download this and run it.

so i went with the i cant handle it one cause its basicly the same thing with a double click solution instead of screwign around i dos…

anyway.

i ran it i flashed it i restarted my computer

i put a blank disc in it read it i opend up nero. NERO WONT DETECT A CD RW AHHHH SH*T what the hell did i just do man? help me out PLEASE…

sean

In nero i go to Recorder–>Choose recorder and all i see there is image recorder… nero does not see my rw. why is that?

Do you have NERO 5.5.10.0 installed? If not, then install it.

i have 5.5.9.2

ok i updated nero to 5.5.10

it now sees my drive… woohoo. thanks for the help

ok its burning right now as i type this…oh k wait.

i am getting read errors… i am canceling and i just trashed a disc.

maybe you can show me a site that’ll tell me if my 40x(tdk) or my 48x Optimum cdr’s will work at 52x

thanks for all the help… and if this all doesnt work out. i can go back to my old firmware right?

sean

Yes you can.

1 quick question…now that i know i can go back.

is overclocking a cd rom at all like overclocking a videocard or proccessor? i mean does it need more cooling? or anything like that. what i just did didnt make the cd rw drive unstabble i mean right?
i am wondering my my 40x TDK can burn 48x and 52x wile my Optimum 48x wont burn at 52x… oh well

well it works now. i burnt the same cd twice (from image)

756 Mbs and 74:52:58

at 48x it burned at 2:30 seconds

at 52x it burned at 2:24 seconds.

i thought it would go faster (like under or more around the 2 min mark) with a difference of 400ksec i mean wow. only 6 seconds…

well it was fun anyway thanks for the help.

sean

It is not like OC’ing a processor or video card. It is widely believed that Lite-ON pretty much makes one type of drive (hardware wise) and then flashed it with different firmware to determine the speed (and price).

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]Get Flashfix from Mango/digi/digitri’s site [link]
Get the Lite-ON LTR-52246S Windows Flasher [link]
Go to start, run, and type in “cmd”
Navigate to wherever you have extracted FlashFix and the 6S08 Windows Flasher and type in “flashfix 6S08.exe”
Once you have done this, run the 6s08.exe that flashfix patched.

If you can’t handle that all, then download this and run it. [/B]

A big, BIG thanks to DHC014 for the last quoted download zip for the 52246S (08) firmware update above.

Having totally destroyed a perfectly good Ricoh about two years ago, I approach this firmware flashing mullarkey with more than a touch of trepidation.

What a breeze! Download the file, shut everything off and run it…BINGO!, one 52x liteon cdrw with the latest firware. Mine had 02 installed despite being built in only October this year. I hope you can manipulate the proggie to incorporate new Flashes’ as time goes on - it would seem they’re releasing them by the barrow load.

Well done again; that’s what these Forums should all be about. It deserves a top sticky all of it’s own.:bigsmile:

Taiyo:bow:

PS. I don’t suppose you could put something idiot proof together for the LITEON 166S…er…please, vis-a-vis regional freedomicity?

I really don’t know much about Lite-ON DVD-ROM drives. I recently bought a DVD-ROM but it’s an Artec/Ultima…

I do know that there is a program called RPCDE(2) that you can use to disable the Region Counter. Hopefully Digi will see this post. FlashFix (made by Dale) was originally meant for DVD-ROM firmware flashers, but luckily it works like a charm for CD-RW drive Firmware flashers as well.

And I know you could do the patching yourself if any new firmware is released, I can’t keep that file up forever, so people need to learn how to use flashfix themselves. Using flashfix is even easier than Litefirm!

yes, with teh help of this forum and teh method described above i have succesfully flashed my 48x to 52x - works great i just can’t find any media that supports 52x writing! As a quick idea, wouldn’t it be really useful to have a datbase of CDRMedia and the speed it writes at based on its results from CDRIdentiier… Would save a thousands of coasters i reckon. Thanks to this forum anyway!

My 48x Optimum cdr’s seem fine at 52X (CMC Magnetics type 6 dye).

I find my Fuji (TY) 16x’s burn at 40x and my 48x Fuji’s (TY) can handle 52x with ease