Firmware flasher for 5504a dvdburner

hi!!

first of all… let me just thank all of u here that are participating on helping ppl with thier problems. im one of them that got helped…THANK U!!!

i have another problem though.

i can all se now what ppl are talkin bout that the sony nec optiarc 5504a dvd-burner is not able to read any dvd+rw cds…

ivjust wasted my files on one of my dvd+rw cds just before i knew that the drive have issiues reading this typ of cds. really studid eh:P:P

ok…

so i red ppl talkin bout liggys firmware? and thought that itd work with the drive that i have mainly coz i red someone that flashed his drive and really worked…it even made the burning process fatser than the 2.01 original version that came with the drive.

now i downloaded the firmare but cant seem to get the flasher. everytime i click on the links that liggy provided on the download site, downloaded the file but, opened it but theres nothing in the zip file.

cant blame my winzip coz its some newer versions and no problems whatsover on openin/zipping other files with the current version of winzip that i have.

so…is there any more links tha provide to the flasher for the firmware of liggys bit (thing i cant remeber right now, someting to do with to be able to read dvd+rw cds with the nec 5504a burner)??

thanks alot.

:rolleyes:

Hi,

could you please post the output from Nero infotool about your drive?

“sony nec optiarc 5504a dvd-burner”

[QUOTE=budubum;1950819]now i downloaded the firmare but cant seem to get the flasher. everytime i click on the links that liggy provided on the download site, downloaded the file but, opened it but theres nothing in the zip file.

cant blame my winzip coz its some newer versions and no problems whatsover on openin/zipping other files with the current version of winzip that i have.[/QUOTE]
There was a bug in my download script which should be fixed now.

[quote=chef;1951473]Hi,

could you please post the output from Nero infotool about your drive?

“sony nec optiarc 5504a dvd-burner”[/quote]

hi thank u…
exactly…how do i do that???

Seems not to be necessary, see Liggy’s post. :wink:

k… ill check it out now.:slight_smile:

also… what is a “GUI”.

i currently have 2 OS in my system. one a WIN XP pro 64bit SP2 and the other is WIN vista 64bit??

nono sorry,…i mixed my other PCs.

the one that has the NEC 5504a burner is my loptop…

it has win XP home edition 32bit

[QUOTE=budubum;1952880]also… what is a “GUI”.

i currently have 2 OS in my system. one a WIN XP pro 64bit SP2 and the other is WIN vista 64bit??[/QUOTE]
A GUI is a Graphical User Interface. The other versions have to be started on the command line. For XP 32 Bit on your Laptop, the 32 Bit Windows GUI version should be the best download. And by the way, I’m sure the drive’s model number is 5540 - not 5504. :wink:

ok thank u…

so ill use the program that does not look like a command promt right!!! but when i clcik the scan…it doesnt say anything like what liggy wrote on his site that these infos bout ur drive and all that.
what happened?!?

also…some mysterious thing is happening all the time on my burner.-…
before i couldnt read (but can burn) dvd+RW cds…now i can read them…i can see the contents and stuff…i dont know if its a flaw.

also my current version is 2.01
also when i click booktype. it shows as folows
DVD+R DL (none)
dvd-rom (active)
what is “change left 500”?
what is reset?
why dows the DVD+R sl (none) and DVD+RW (none) shows empty on the dropdown box?

i attached a pic of this. 1st the booktype then the scan where i click the scan botton and no infos on my drive…

thanks in advance

[QUOTE=budubum;1953790]so ill use the program that does not look like a command promt right!??![/QUOTE]
Right

but when i clcik the scan…it doesnt say anything like what liggy wrote on his site that these infos bout ur drive and all that.
what happened?!?

What did you expect the program to do when you click scan? Scan just means that Binflash checks again for available devices.

what is “change left 500”?

The drive holds an internal counter for the number of booktype changes. And you may still change the permanent settings 500 times.

what is reset?

Reset this counter back to 500 again - also resetting the booktype settings back to the current firmware’s default.

why dows the DVD+R sl (none) and DVD+RW (none) shows empty on the dropdown box?

Changing these booktypes is not supported with your current firmware.

[quote=Liggy;1953824]Right

What did you expect the program to do when you click scan? Scan just means that Binflash checks again for available devices.

The drive holds an internal counter for the number of booktype changes. And you may still change the permanent settings 500 times.

Reset this counter back to 500 again - also resetting the booktype settings back to the current firmware’s default.

Changing these booktypes is not supported with your current firmware.[/quote]

thanks liggy…

yeah…i was expeecting to show like in ur site

Binflash - NEC version - © by Liggy and Herrie
Visit http://binflash.cdfreaks.com

List of supported devices:
Device : [B]1.0.0[/B]
Vendor : _NEC
Model : DVD_RW ND-2500A
Firmware : 1.07

but anyways…i have installed it already and went good anyways.

the (none) thing i was talkin bout that you said would not support, now supports it…thanks to the upgrade…

though im still not sure what those to change DVD+RW to DVD-RW… wouldnt
these changes damage the drive from constant chaninging and all that??

oh and one more thing… if for example woulöd like to get back to the original firmware taht i hade just backed up… will it conflict with the liggy firmware??

[QUOTE=budubum;1953909]List of supported devices:
Device : [B]1.0.0[/B]
Vendor : _NEC
Model : DVD_RW ND-2500A
Firmware : 1.07[/QUOTE]
That’s only displayed by the command line version. The GUI version has the dropdown list with the available drives.

[QUOTE=budubum;1953910]oh and one more thing… if for example woulöd like to get back to the original firmware taht i hade just backed up… will it conflict with the liggy firmware??[/QUOTE]
This shouldn’t be a problem - at least if you use Binflash for it. Some of the official flashers might say that flashing is not supported because their internal version checks fail.

hehe okok thanks again…ill ask more if i run into some issues bout the bitsetting:)