Firmware DR4FS0B.zip - 2003/11/06 - 411S

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/english-load-firmware.htm#LDW

I’ve just checked, the firmware data in this patch (the part that is flashed to the drive) is the same as the previously released “unofficial” FS0B firmware.

Slight differences exist in the patcher code (the icon?) :wink:

No need to re-flash a drive that has been already upgraded to FS0B.

Riddle me this batman,

How is it that FS0B has been around for longer than FS07 yet FS0B is the ‘latest’ and therefore(?) best?

Originally posted by Lobes
How is it that FS0B has been around for longer than FS07 yet FS0B is the ‘latest’ and therefore(?) best?

FS0B got its way to the “public” a couple of weeks ago through Gatecom, which I believe is a South-Korean LiteOn distributor.

It is the latest firmware for the 411s, but (until now) it was not officially available on the LiteOn site. Probably it was still being tested.

Thanks Just saw it and downloaded from the homesite, but I don’t think it is the same companies never release beta as final(always some modification)
Good to know that Liteon is concerned about the drive capabilities and it is doing something to fix the problem

Originally posted by mimmo
It is the latest firmware for the 411s, but (until now) it was not officially available on the LiteOn site. Probably it was still being tested.

Thanks m8 :slight_smile:

Just as I thought. FS0B is NOT a OEM firmware.

OEM firmware has this name. 1S41

/Dyzan

Does anyone have a list of changes or changelog? Thanks

That’s two new firmwares for 411s in a relatively short time. Plus already one for the 811s, that was released only this week. How about the 401s-owners ? Is there nothing in there that’s relevant for us ? Maybe LiteOn thinks all 401s’s have already been modified…?

Or are they simply forgetting us ?