Firmware DMR-ES46VS

vbimport

Hi:

I have searched this forum for an answer, if the firmware for the DMR-ES45VS will work on my ES46VS?

Remote control won’t turn on unit (recorder), but I can turn TV on/off. I can turn unit on by using power switch on recorder, so the unit works. If I unplug the unit, and plug it back in, the remote works for a few hours then stops.

You have a thread here on DMR-ES45VS, where someone asked the same question, and I read thru the whole thread and did not see an answer. Sorry if I missed it. CORRECTION: Thread was on AVS forum, but I searched both. I googled it, can not find answer. I did read the 45 and the 46 are essentially the same unit, is this true?

Thank you in advance

Barb :smiley:

My understanding is the DMR-ES45VS and DMR-ES46VS are the same and use the same firmware. The ES46VS is a ES45VS made for a store chain.

CCRomeo:

Thank you very much. Just wanted to make sure.

Have a nice day

Do you have the firmware link?

http://panasonic.net/support/gscn/

Oh I think the DMR-ES46VS comes with a HDMI Cable.

CCRomeo:

Thanks, I have already D/L firmware, did it according to instructions, worked perfectly. My remote now works…at least today :smiley: Will know for sure if it works overnight. Display read updated OK.

Yes, I have HDMI cable. Don’t need it right now, have old TV, no hook up for it. Have all the A/V cables hooked up. Have only had DMR-ES46VS 2 weeks, so have not had a chance to use it since the remote wouldn’t work consistently.

Thanks for the link anyway, this forum is where I found out about firmware.

Just wanted to let you all know the update does work on ES46 in case someone else ask the same question.

I’m glad things worked out OK, thanks for you post, so many times I never hear back on how things went. :flower:

I’m glad things worked out OK, thanks for you post, so many times I never hear back on how things went.

Just bought mine at SAMS. What a nice quality unit.
Anyone know of any hacked FW for this?
Seems most VHS tapes will back up fine on this unit.