Firmware 812 not recognise by nero

I have flashed my 812s usof with firmware speedhacker to write dvd-r 4x at 8x nero will still not burn above 4x.
any ideas how to overcome nero? do not have smart burn.
using nero 5.5.10.56
win xp home
amd xp 2800+
1.66ghz
1gb ram

eros

ps. thanks for eveyones input hope i have it right this time :o
I have taken the tick out of the box in nero options DVD high compatibality mode (at least 1gb will be written) nero now burns at 8x. :smiley:

Originally posted by eros
i have flashed my 812s usof with firmware to read dvd-r 4x at 8x nero will still not burn above 4x.

The read speed hack does not affect the write speed of any discs.

Originally posted by eros
[B]i have flashed my 812s usof with firmware to read dvd-r 4x at 8x nero will still not burn above 4x.
using nero 5.5.10.56
win xp pro
amd xp 2000+
1.66ghz
512 ram

eros [/B]

Readhack increases reading speed of burnt discs from 6x to 8x. 812S drives have reading speeds set at 8x already, so you shouldn’t apply the read speed hack for the 812S. And even if you did, as dhc014 said, it doesn’t affect write speeds. If you want to burn at 8x, you should use the speedhacker tool.

Originally posted by dhc014
The read speed hack does not affect the write speed of any discs.

sorry i thought the speed hack was for changing the writing speed from 4x to 8x.
i might have misslead in my post.
will edit my post.

eros

Originally posted by code65536
Readhack increases reading speed of burnt discs from 6x to 8x. 812S drives have reading speeds set at 8x already, so you shouldn’t apply the read speed hack for the 812S. And even if you did, as dhc014 said, it doesn’t affect write speeds. If you want to burn at 8x, you should use the speedhacker tool.

thanks code65536 i did use speedhacker, my post has been edited.:o :o