Firmware 1.22 for DVR-110

Not sure if anyone else caught this yet, but looks like firmware version 1.22 is out for the DVR-110 series. I was browsing the North America site, and saw that they had listed this:

DVR-R100, DVR-610, & DVR-110 (all models)

R10_FW122.exe - Firmware update to version 1.22 (WIN) corrects a disc ejection issue when using a writing program with Microsoft Windows ME; improves writability on +R media, improves readability on CD-R and DVD-RAM media; adds support for 8X writing speed on 16X +R media from CMC Magnetics Corp.; 12X writing speed on 16X +R media from Moser Baer India Ltd. / Prodisc Technology Inc. / Philips Electronics; 16X writing speed on 16X +R media from DAXON and Verbatim (Mitsubishi Chemical)

Thanx m8! Downloaded and ready to flash…

hmmm very interesting. 110 on its own shipped with 1.22 and nothing else. The fact that you can download 1.22 and it’s stated for ‘all models’ makes me believe the 110D can infact be flashed to the 110 as firmware seems to be identical.

EDIT…probably a long shot but check and see if your 110D has DVD-RAM writing support after flashing this bios. Seeing as though there is only one firmware for all drives it may be enabled via this firmware as I see no divided firmware releases per drive. I can’t see them disabling that feature and making an otherwise duplicate firmware release for each drive.

Sadly, no DVD-RAM writing after upgrade to 1.22 :sad:

ok thansk for checking. Im sad too but it seemed logical that perhaps it would have been included even if undocumented. I can’t see them actually releasing 2 different firmwares for identical hardware now that both models are actively available. Seems stupid to spend the time modifying one firmware just so some users miss out on a feature that is readily available. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions that the jobs are identical but I see nothing saying otherwise.

Yes, this is actually quite puzzling. I would have thought 1.22 would have made the 110-D a 110 but alas, no. Maybe the two drives aren’t as identical in terms of hardware as thought? But if not how could the firmware be correct for both?
Obviously beyond my limited knowledge of the subject…

Any changelog?

Nervermind that:

• Firmware update to version 1.22 (WIN) corrects a disc ejection issue when using a writing program with Microsoft Windows ME;
  • Improves writability on +R media, improves readability on CD-R and DVD-RAM media;
  • Adds support for 8X writing speed on 16X +R media from CMC Magnetics Corp.;
  • 12X writing speed on 16X +R media from Moser Baer India Ltd. / Prodisc Technology Inc. / Philips Electronics;
  • 16X writing speed on 16X +R media from DAXON and Verbatim (Mitsubishi Chemical)

I can’t test it right now cause i’m at work but will do so in the weekend.

This would suggest that there is some hardware difference between the 110D and 110. They may use the same firmware if that firmware effects a particular hardware feature when its present and causes no problems when it’s not.

So far the 110 doesnt appear to be available in America, which makes me wonder if the Ram writing ability of the 110 is being marketed to a specific geographical location (Asia, Europe).

:iagree: The jury is still out, however. 1.22 is unlikely to be the final word on this issue.

110 with RAM support is supposed to be here (Europe) any day now.

Personally I don’t think there is a difference between 110 and 110D except firmware, but time will show.

In Canada still unable to locate the new 110. 110D is in abundance however.

On the european site Pioneer is the firmware upgrade 1.22 only given for
the 110 D family:

DVR-110D, DVR-110DBK, DVR-110DSV

http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/content/support/support/software.html

So Pioneer is preparing a nice mix-up with all the drives and the firmwares names …
And in Asia they have announced on top Pioneer DVR-A10 drives (with the fancy bezel)

On the european site of Pioneer gives this firmware upgrade 1.22 only for
the 110 D family:

Model names: DVR-110D, DVR-110DBK, DVR-110DSV

http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/content/support/support/software.html

So Pioneer is preparing a nice mix-up with all the drives and the firmwares names …
And in Asia they have announced on top Pioneer DVR-A10 drives (with the fancy bezel)

franz99, that was a doubler. :slight_smile:

I really wonder when the 110 will finally show up here.
I’M KEEN TO GET ONE. grmbl.

No surprise - for a pioneer freak like yourself :wink:

Oh well, I may end up with one myself too…

Anyone confirm if the 110 is even shipping outside of europe and asia? Am i going to die holding my breath for it to come to canada/usa or should I keep living and just settle on the 110d for myself.

It looks like this firmware is only for the 110D and there’s a typo in the site description for it…
This is from the kernel file: “ID : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D”
Can anyone compare it to the 110D european site (I can’t download it)?

No changes in 1.22 to the slow support of some 8x media, in case anyone is wondering. Daxon AZ2 and CMC E01 are still only supported at 6x. Optodisc OR8 (+R 8x) burns at full speed with among the best quality I have ever seen though. Haven’t gone too crazy with the quality testing until they start getting what I consider to be pretty basic media up to normal speeds. Plenty of 16x media is still only supported at 4x.

CMC MAG E01 (8X rated Memorex branded) still coaster city on my drive with 1.22. Latest attempt (with 1.22) produces a disc which doesn’t even register as a disc! “No disc inserted”.

It burnt at CLV 6X with slightly more than a normal number of OPC dips.