Firefox vs Safari Browser

I have been using both browsers on my dell dimension windows XP home ed service pack 2 PC for the past month & notice some pluses & problems with both browsers.

Safari was good for awhile, then started to become slow,bog down, & crash, so I switched back to Firefox, but found that it does not play video very well, it is very jerky, sound/video out of sync, but everything else works a little more reliably than Safari. I find Safari plays video better, it is smoother, with less jerkiness, stalls or crashes. So I use Safari for youtube & online soaps, & Firefox for general non video browsing.

also, Safari stopped saving my bookmarked internet pages to my designated named folders I had organized, another reason I went back to Firefox.

Is there a way I can get one of the browsers to do everything I need?

I’m in the same boat.
My favorite browser is Opera but it’s not a do-all either. It does load up pretty quickly and I like Speed Dial. To me it was ugly out of the box so I gave it a Vista skin. If you’re interested, the one I’m using is vista_skin-2_20 .
Other browsers can be set up with speed dial but I haven’t tried them.

For a very fast browser that is a lightweight version of Firefox, I like K-Meleon. I used to like Firefox but it seems so heavy (slow) as compared to K-Meleon. K-Meleon installs a preloader and is very fast to launch.
You can use a preloader with Firefox but it still feels heavy.

I haven’t tried Safari but I understand that it is supposed to be fast and has a speed dialer.

I like Firefox, it does everything I need and I like it’s use of plugins to tweak it to my liking. I haven’t actively looked for a replacement.

I have played around with Chrome a little bit and liked it as well, but not enough to get me to switch. If you haven’t looked at it, it might be worth a trial.

[QUOTE=jflan;2292290]I’m in the same boat.
My favorite browser is Opera but it’s not a do-all either. It does load up pretty quickly and I like Speed Dial. To me it was ugly out of the box so I gave it a Vista skin. If you’re interested, the one I’m using is vista_skin-2_20 .
Other browsers can be set up with speed dial but I haven’t tried them.

For a very fast browser that is a lightweight version of Firefox, I like K-Meleon. I used to like Firefox but it seems so heavy (slow) as compared to K-Meleon. K-Meleon installs a preloader and is very fast to launch.
You can use a preloader with Firefox but it still feels heavy.

I haven’t tried Safari but I understand that it is supposed to be fast and has a speed dialer.[/QUOTE]

can I transfer all my book marks I have collected & organized in Safari & Firefox? to opera or K-Melen?

[QUOTE=Sossity;2292370]can I transfer all my book marks I have collected & organized in Safari & Firefox? to opera or K-Melen?[/QUOTE]
Yes, this is a common feature amongst browsers.