Firefox most trustworthy browser, according to 41% of internet users

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Firefox most trustworthy browser, according to 41% of internet users[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/10/trustworthy-browser-20151-95x75.png[/newsimage]

For three years in a row internet users consider Firefox to be the most trustworthy browser, according to research from British antivirus company Sophos. In a survey 3900 respondents voted for the most trustworthy browser of which 41% voted for Mozilla’s Firefox.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/firefox-most-trustworthy-browser-according-to-41-of-internet-users-77592/](http://www.myce.com/news/firefox-most-trustworthy-browser-according-to-41-of-internet-users-77592/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I trust IE much less than any other browser, so I guess I’ll start using that.

I don’t quite 100% trust Mozilla any more, since they seem to be eager to include non-free software. Between Pocket, EME, and spyware-based advertising, I can’t trust Mozilla nearly as much as I used to. Still, it’s better than IE or Chrome. Abrowser seems to be a good browser, despite the unimaginative name.

If you really want privacy and security, the Tor Browser Bundle is probably the best way to go. After all, it doesn’t connect directly to the web, but instead places 3 TOR relays between you and the site. This combined with the standard wiping of history, cookies, etc. gives you more privacy than any other browser.

But what does the other 59% say

Just 3900 votes reflect/represent absolutely nothing and can’t be taken seriously at all. We call it here a pub-vote!

The other 59% which do present a majority (of the few) apparently do not agree with Firefox being trustworthy hence a clear down vote for FF

[QUOTE=thor21344;2762193]But what does the other 59% say[/QUOTE]
Must be a chrome user…

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2762206]Just 3900 votes reflect/represent absolutely nothing and can’t be taken seriously at all. We call it here a pub-vote!

The other 59% which do present a majority (of the few) apparently do not agree with Firefox being trustworthy hence a clear down vote for FF[/QUOTE]
I see people like to say they like chrome but it came in at 21%. I like how people want to read more into as though the other 59% is a single Browser which the number don’t reflect. Try as one must but the number would themselves show chrome will always play second fiddle. Grabbing for straws is the last gasp of a failed Browser.

I didn’t like what Firefox did to the UI over the last year or two.   I went to Pale Moon which feels like it took a fork in the road right when firefox started going the wrong direction.

[QUOTE=Zod;2762222]I didn’t like what Firefox did to the UI over the last year or two. I went to Pale Moon which feels like it took a fork in the road right when firefox started going the wrong direction.[/QUOTE]
Everyone is entitled to use their own Browser but as anything changes comes and some accept and learn to use it or get stuck behind. That is change we may not like it but we learn to use to it or customize it to our need.

Must be a chrome user…

Not me, I am too old to change. Still IE Probley always will be

I dislike Chrome, it seems kinda wrong to me. I can’t quite put a finger on it, but there it is. My wife uses it extensively because it allows her to use Flash without being asked if it’s OK to allow as in Firefox. I really hate IE, always have done, it’s stuffed full of crap, (or was?)
Not for me at all.

Microsoft’s Edge?! well the least said the better.
I’ve tried probably all the browsers on the net and not got on with them.
Tor was fun just for the sake of it, but horrible to use and I really have no use for that kind of browser as I’m really not bothered with having my IP address changed and bounced around the planet three times, I don’t want or need to go anywhere that demands me to be anonymous.

As you probably guessed I do like Firefox a lot, it has good security features, (as good as possible these days) loads of useful ad-ons. Because I’m used to getting security updates very quickly and I’m used to how it works, it’s the browser for me. Do I trust it? how far can I throw a very large bag of cement! I trust nothing any more, you just have to stay vigilant.

In the early days there were vast differences in the capabilities of the various browsers but I think they’re all pretty much of a muchness these days.

I’ve tried most of them over the years and today I use IE and Firefox in Windows and Chrome in Android.

I tested Chrome on my PC a few years ago but preferred the layout in IE or Firefox but that’s just personal preference and I think everyone has their own personal favourites (if you’ll pardon the pun).

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2762269]In the early days there were vast differences in the capabilities of the various browsers but I think they’re all pretty much of a muchness these days.[/QUOTE]
More or less…but the problem comes in the install some tries to sneak stealthware into your system and that is the part I don’t like. So I always tell users “USE Custom install or Let me choose” to avoid adware/toolbars.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2762269]I’ve tried most of them over the years and today I use IE and Firefox in Windows and Chrome in Android.[/QUOTE]
Same here but I choose to use FireFox on Android instead-keeping it the same.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2762269]I tested Chrome on my PC a few years ago but preferred the layout in IE or Firefox but that’s just personal preference and I think everyone has their own personal favourites (if you’ll pardon the pun).
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]I tested Chrome as well and it was the worse in the bunch to put toolbars and unknown software if you weren’t observant in it’s install. Favourites is favorite but when it install toolbars, changes your Browser homepage, installs software unbeknownst to you that is bad.