Firefox is in trouble, says Firefox co-founder

vbimport

I just posted the article Firefox is in trouble, says Firefox co-founder.

The double-digit market share that Mozilla Firefox currently enjoys will be a distant memory in three to five years, according to one of the people who created the browser.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/firefox-is-in-trouble-says-firefox-co-founder-29875/](http://www.myce.com/news/firefox-is-in-trouble-says-firefox-co-founder-29875/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Reminds me of that great movie, The Wizard of Google. Here are some memorable quotes…

“Pay no attention to that huge corporation behind the curtain.”
“Do not arouse the wrath of the great and powerful Google. I said come back tomorrow.”
“Just try and stay out of my way. Just try! I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little iPhone, too!”

Firefox has become to slow, sluggish and bloated. I hear of many users switching to Chrome due to the speed and performance increases.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2519159]Firefox has become to slow, sluggish and bloated. I hear of many users switching to Chrome due to the speed and performance increases.[/QUOTE]

So where did you get that info? Sounds more like rhetoric and no facts to base or support the claim? Since you fail to mention even the version and rather then test it yourself you base your report on others whom don’t have much to offer for independent review as well. Ironic how they still use IE when they say FF isn’t any good.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2519169]So where did you get that info? Sounds more like rhetoric and no facts to base or support the claim? Since you fail to mention even the version and rather then test it yourself you base your report on others whom don’t have much to offer for independent review as well. Ironic how they still use IE when they say FF isn’t any good.[/QUOTE]
Personal experience. Firefox was making my system lag big time. I switched to Chrome and I’m browsing fast again!

my main reason for firefox is the ad-block plus plugin. Chrome nor IE have anything near as good.

If Chrome ever had an adblock that worked that well, I’d give it a try.

I’d also like a 64 bit firefox :slight_smile: which would be pointless until we got a 64 bit flash.

I also hate how if your doing a clean windows install and you backup your bookmarks in IE, it doesn’t keep the order… its damned annoying. Another win for firefox (and probably chrome).

Chrome is fast, but the recent builds have some issues. I am using a netbook so any app hogging is immediately obvious and Chrome was much slower than firefox. It would eat 100% of the CPU whenever it loads a page. Apparently it is a common problem judging by the complains on google’s forums.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2519173]Personal experience. Firefox was making my system lag big time. I switched to Chrome and I’m browsing fast again![/QUOTE]

Well my experience is it loads better and plus I use a host edit file list so to prevent any pops in either FF or IE from loading. That how I improve my browsing experience without using extra plugins. And one would be surprised on how fast they can browse the net and have a better experience without ads or pops loading. I have 3.6 in x86 and x64 version and don’t have any kinda slow down as you mention. Chrome still lags in usage and from reading CPU power user still holds a smaller pie then FF and IE…

I always root for the little guy. Firefox is up against Microsoft and Google. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. They must feel like Dolly Parton’s bra. They could come apart at the seams any day now.

I feel FF loads a little slow on first start, but after that - it loads faster the next time once my processor has processed all the startup apps - which I do not have alot of. I also don’t install too many add-ons in FF, just to not slow the browser down. Only download the most important add-ons.

I notice that no one has mentioned Firefox problems with Win7. I have had to return to IE after years of using Firefox due to constant hanging. I was amazed how difficult it was to uninstall Firefox.

[QUOTE=TexByrnes;2519315]I notice that no one has mentioned Firefox problems with Win7. I have had to return to IE after years of using Firefox due to constant hanging. I was amazed how difficult it was to uninstall Firefox.[/QUOTE]

I don’t have Win 7 so I wouldn’t know the issues, but I don’t plan to upgrade neither.

I’ve tried Chrome and I do not like it, I find it too quirky. There are alot of important features and add-ons on FF that I don’t want to live without either: AdBlock Plus, Redirect Remover, FEBE, Reminder Fox, and Unplug. I love how I can go into Tools and click on Downloads and see all my recent downloads and pics. FF is quick and stable enough for me on my XP and unlike Opera (which had been touted as the fastest browser) loads everything on the page.

[QUOTE=TexByrnes;2519315]I notice that no one has mentioned Firefox problems with Win7. I have had to return to IE after years of using Firefox due to constant hanging. I was amazed how difficult it was to uninstall Firefox.[/QUOTE]

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and have zero problems no hanging no issues at all except the minor problem with Personas which they are working to fix. I think either you had a bad/corrupt install or some other issue from what your describing.

I used Chrome for about a week, after seeing it in action on a friend’s P4 laptop. So I switched. After a week of having to use both Chrome and IE8 to load pages (when chrome didn’t load a page, I’d have to open that one page in IE8, which loaded it fine)… then I switched to FF and haven’t had IE8 opened since. I’ve since put FF on every computer I own (5 or 6 of them).

Google & Chrome IS Big Brother. I don’t like the holes in their "privacy policies"
not to mention that I AM guilty of thought crime
p.s. IE8 is a system hog even with 4G of ram. Firefox is my choice.

[QUOTE=Castle_Rock;2519322]I don’t have Win 7 so I wouldn’t know the issues, but I don’t plan to upgrade neither.[/QUOTE]

Have used IE since the beginning, but lately switched to Firefox on XP and Win7 Machines. Have had no issues with Firefox with any setup…Love it. Tried Chrome, Safari, and IE but still love Firefox the best!!! Always the fastest for me, on any machine from 2002-2009

Because there isn’t one in general? I have 3 Win 7 machines all with Firefox, and they all run fine.

How hard is it to uninstall Firefox? Uninstall from Programs and Features, followed by deleting your profile directory (if you do not want to keep it anymore).

I found that Chrome did appear to display the web pages faster than Firefox. Unfortunately, Chrome did not permit me to display the recent history like Firefox or IE8 does. I have since removed Chrome and have gone back to Firefox. If Chrome changes the UI to permit me to autotype and select the site then I may try it again. Until then I will stick with Firefox.

No problems? Have a look at:

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/429871

By the way, I DO know how to unistall programmes!