Firefox in the dust: Opera poised to reclaim browser performance lead

vbimport

I’m not proselytizing, it’s just that this little company has been the most innovative browser maker since the first release in 1996. :clap:

Opera may be fast, but the Javascript engine fails on too many important websites for me

Here’s a important quote from a poster on that site that should make one take a pause and ask themselves…how good is it really???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2549878]…how good is it really???[/QUOTE]

If you don’t use it you don’t know. Which browser works perfectly on 100% of sites? Try running IE, FF, Chrome, or Safari on a 300Mhz PII and 12MB of ram. :wink:

Ooops! That should be 128MB ram.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2549951]If you don’t use it you don’t know. Which browser works perfectly on 100% of sites? Try running IE, FF, Chrome, or Safari on a 300Mhz PII and 12MB of ram. ;)[/QUOTE]

I used Opera before and some sights don’t handle Opera well. Plus some sites are made as I said before to run better on IE then FF or Opera. That is just a given the programmers make the choice of which broswer to support so going just with one will not give you enough choices as well a functions to use on the broswer. And why would someone still have 128Ram computer befuddles me?? :doh: Web pages are more and more stuff on them that slow of computer will never handle or run correctly with any broswers…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2550000]Web pages are more and more stuff on them that slow of computer will never handle or run correctly with any broswers…[/QUOTE]

Au contraire. Granted, I can’t have 100 tabs open at once, but 4 or 5 isn’t a problem. I am using a lightweight Linux distro and that makes a big difference. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Whappo;2550050]I am using a lightweight Linux distro and that makes a big difference. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

That as well might make a big or huge difference is the O/S as the majority is some form of Windows with XP then 7 coming up from behind to most likely replace XP.