Firefox Gains Weight, Challenging Its Developers

vbimport

This is just sad. I’ve long lamented the demise of efficient coding due, in no small part, to the availability of cheap memory. Although a boon to the computer industry it has been a pox on good programming practices.

meh. Back in the day, I wrote a DOS for my Commodore VIC-20 that used less than 5 [U]Kilo[/U]-Bytes of RAM. I think it sad that current coders are so lazy (or under educated) they need [U]Giga[/U]-Bytes to produce usable code.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2615272]meh. Back in the day, I wrote a DOS for my Commodore VIC-20 that used less than 5 [U]Kilo[/U]-Bytes of RAM. I think it sad that current coders are so lazy (or under educated) they need [U]Giga[/U]-Bytes to produce usable code.[/QUOTE]

My first coding job was for a company called Gelmart Industries in New York, it had three divisions and a manufacturing plant in Manilla. We had a 16k of iron core memory to work with and managed just fine.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2615272]meh. Back in the day, I wrote a DOS for my Commodore VIC-20 that used less than 5 [U]Kilo[/U]-Bytes of RAM. I think it sad that current coders are so lazy (or under educated) they need [U]Giga[/U]-Bytes to produce usable code.[/QUOTE]

Not all of them are a lazy bunch. Some have competitions in 4kb.