Firefox 1.0.6 is out! *Security (fix) Release*

vbimport

get it from http://www.mozilla.org/

Thanks. :iagree:

I hope they fixed the bugs in 1.0.5; it was so crashy I went back to 1.0.3.

I’m still on 1.04. Wake me when 1.1 is out.

Be carfull not to download Thunderbird 1.0.6 by accident

Appreciate the heads up

so you risk your system security by using an “old” browser with more than 12 knows security bugs, where 4 are rated as critical? :eek:

What’s New 1.0.6

Firefox 1.0.6 is a stability update. We recommend that users upgrade to this latest version.

Here’s what’s new in Firefox 1.0.6:

* Restore API compatibility for extensions and web applications that did not work in Firefox 1.0.5.

Here’s what’s new in Firefox 1.0.5:

* Several [security fixes](http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#Firefox) 
* Improvements to stability.

link

And who is going to hack me for what purpouse? :stuck_out_tongue:
Also I have no antivirus software.

that’s not what i’m talkin’ about.
i also don’t use an anti-virus-software on my pc here, and i really don’t have any problems, ‘coz i always know what i’m klickin’ on… :wink:

BUT when in comes down to your browser, it’s a completely different thing:
it’s not like a firewall which shall prevent someone from hacking especially ‘you’, it’s just the possibility, that maybe ANY website might use a know browser-bug to install you a keylogger, a small smtp-server to send spam to people, or whatever on your machine.
this is not a “specially-against-airhead-designed-attack” but a general thing which might hit anybody who uses an ‘open, unsecure’ browser.

of course, the risk of this is low, at least if you don’t surf on ‘underground’ or whatever sites, but how much work do you have with d-loading one file (firefox) and double click it just to install over your existing installation?

In the case of firefox, PLENTY! It does not like upgrading, and I keep away from it if I can. Silly profiles doesnt work anymore, obselete plugins cause the browser to give out all kinds of nifty XUL-errors and such. Also any version above 1.04 isnt avalible in swedish :stuck_out_tongue: