Fireburner can't recognize my Ricoh RW7200A

The title said all…
When I open fireburner, the max writing speed is only 4x :rolleyes:, there’s no BURN-Proof :(, no DAO16…etc…

:confused: :confused:

When I installed it on my machine with the 48125w, it only gave me 1x and Max for write speeds, I figured it was a shareware limitation. But I tried it with my 16x LG, all works fine. I think it’s just too old to work well with newer burners.

But my RW7200A can fully recognized by CloncCD and Nero and can perform RAW/DAO96 writing…with Justlink and Justspeed…

well…thing’s strange here…

Quoted from FireBurner FAQ:

Why won’t FireBurner detect my CD-R as a writer?

When you execute FireBurner, it will scan all your devices to check for the presence of a CD device. If a device is found, FireBurner will interrogate it and try to determine if your drive is a recorder. FireBurner will detect the vast majority of recording devices on the market accurately. If your drive is very old chances are it will not be detected. The reason for this is the older drives use non-standard command sets that make life difficult for programmers. If you have a new drive and it is not detected as a recorder, please let me know about it.

I would take this last advice to also apply to devices that are recognized incorrectly. Although BurnProof is supported, there is no mention made about Justlink on the FireBurner site.

When I installed it on my machine with the 48125w, it only gave me 1x and Max for write speeds, I figured it was a shareware limitatiom. But I tried it with my 16x LG, all works fine. I think it’s just too old to work well with newer burners.

Same here. Hope that they update it soon, cos its pretty good software. :bigsmile: ANyways this happens