Finding TY disks in NY/Boston

A quick question I hope someone can hep me with.
A friend is leaving tomorrow for a week in New York and Boston. I’d like him to get me a few spindles (50 or 100) of TY Fujifilm CD-RWs while he’s there – TY-made disks are unavailable here in Thailand (indeed Japan-made disks are not to be found at all). Which major stores in NY/Boston sell TY-made Fujifilm disks? And, if the spindle is labelled ‘Made in Japan’, is that proof enough that TY is the manufacturer, or does my friend have to look for the ‘nut’ on top of the package as well?
Thanks for any advice.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by justsatorn
A quick question I hope someone can hep me with.
A friend is leaving tomorrow for a week in New York and Boston. I’d like him to get me a few spindles (50 or 100) of TY Fujifilm CD-RWs while he’s there – TY-made disks are unavailable here in Thailand (indeed Japan-made disks are not to be found at all). Which major stores in NY/Boston sell TY-made Fujifilm disks? And, if the spindle is labelled ‘Made in Japan’, is that proof enough that TY is the manufacturer, or does my friend have to look for the ‘nut’ on top of the package as well?
Thanks for any advice.
[/QUOTE\

BESTBUY… you have it there? Bestbuy is the place to go… but I think im too late…:eek:

Thanks mitchel.

I can email my friend, now in NYC, to check at Best Buy. No, we don’t have Best Buy in Thailand. There’s fast food chains, and ‘hyper-mart’ chains, but no omputer or office equipment chains yet. And high quality CDRs can’t be found here, just cheap and nasty stuff. Well, there are some decent Verbatims, and I once found some TDKs made by Ritek in Japan. I also once found Mitsui Gold (Golden Dye) made in Japan and bought 10 boxes of 10 in jewel cases – but the store said they’d not be getting any more, since they found it impossible to sell CDRs that were so expensive.

What we do have plenty of here, though, are fakes. Fake Sonys (dunno why). Fake Kodaks. The third world is like that – keeps you on your toes.

Again, thanks for the information.

In addition to Best Buy, your friend can also look for TY CDR’s at Circuit City or CompUSA. They should also carry some Fuji Made in Japan (TY) CDRs.

CompUSA

:Z
The local CompUSA carries nothing but various re-branded CMC, all crap except for the rare spindle of TY-made Memorex 32x.

Best Buy now has Fujifilmes x48 for 1.99 for 50. (10 dollar rebate):smiley:

Are you sure that’s not the 30ct spindle on sale?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Are you sure that’s not the 30ct spindle on sale?

No they were 50, I have 250 already and dont need anymore;)

:Z
The local CompUSA carries nothing but various re-branded CMC, all crap except for the rare spindle of TY-made Memorex 32x.

I picked up a spindle of Memorex 40x (TY) at a CompUSA in a Boston suburb but they were a bit pricey at $20 for 50 pcs.

That was a few weeks ago. They didn’t have many left yesterday. Didn’t see any other TY’s, at least not judging by the lack of spindles with the tell-tale spin cap.

Anyone know if the Fuji discs at Best Buy are TY’s before I make the trip?

In the US, all Fuji spindles are TY. the 48x will not have the spin-on nut on the top.

In the US, all Fuji spindles are TY. the 48x will not have the spin-on nut on the top.
That’s good to know! I see great bargains on Fuji discs all the time.