Find Region Code on DVD disk?

vbimport

Is there some simple software (freeware) that will tell me what region a commercial and/or DVD R movie is set at?

Should be right on the disk. Mine have it on them.

I should be more specific, - I am testing some PAL- NTSC DVD conversions and because they are not playing in my DVD player - I want to check what region they have been coded with.
Is there software that simply identifies the region of a DVD(+/-R) ?

The main software players – WinDVD, Power DVD – will tell you this under “Configuration”. Or use Nero Infotool, DVDInforPro and a zillion others.

[QUOTE=joegib;919358]The main software players – WinDVD, Power DVD – will tell you this under “Configuration”. Or use Nero Infotool, DVDInforPro and a zillion others.[/QUOTE]

great post.

How do I find out what the region code is on a Mac (for any DVD)?

drvutil

[QUOTE=chef;2713133]drvutil[/QUOTE]

Did a google search on “drvutil”, and got nothing useful at all! In fact, it is questionable what that is. Also, if it exists, it is for Windows.

By the way, I did do an exhaustive search. I also said I needed such a program FOR A MAC.

^You’ll probably need one of the free decryption programs for Macs. Start with the Mac version of DVDFab. http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

There is a section of DVDFab, called DVDFab HD Decrypter that will still work even after the trial ends.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2713183]^You’ll probably need one of the free decryption programs for Macs. Start with the Mac version of DVDFab. http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

There is a section of DVDFab, called DVDFab HD Decrypter that will still work even after the trial ends.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Kerry56. In another forum, someone mentioned that Apple’s DVD Player can tell one what a DVD’s Region Code is. I trued it, and it does work. But, I’m going to try your suggestion.

Thanks again!

@akent35
Apparantly just a typo of chef; he meant the terminal command [I]drutil[/I].

[B]Exactly! [/B]

…that is THE tool for any mac freak and user! :smiley:

[QUOTE=chef;2715068][B]Exactly! [/B]

…that is THE tool for any mac freak and user! :D[/QUOTE]

WAY better to be a mac freak than a windows freak!