Find a good compatible drive with iXtreme burner max

hi all,
i’m trying to find a compatible drive with iXtreme burner max…
TEAC DV-W524GSB
PIONEER DVR-219CHV
PLEXTOR PX-L890SA

are these good?
for one of these with ihas should i flash?
are rev B only or are A & C too?
are there experiences with these burners?
if you know where buy a good and cheap one, can you post here? thanks

[QUOTE=dante96;2657622]hi all,
i’m trying to find a compatible drive with iXtreme burner max…
TEAC DV-W524GSB
PIONEER DVR-219CHV
PLEXTOR PX-L890SA

are these good?
for one of these with ihas should i flash?
are rev B only or are A & C too?
are there experiences with these burners?
if you know where buy a good and cheap one, can you post here? thanks[/QUOTE]

The TEAC DV-W524GSB and the PLEXTOR PX-L890SA should be LiteOn iHASx24 B clones. They should definitely not be A series drives. While I can’t guarantee that this is the case, and unless someone has any evidence to the contrary (which I haven’t seen so far), I would assume that neither of the two manufacturers have switched production to the C series while maintaining the same model name for these drives, so they are probably still B series clones.

Finding one of these in stock might not be that easy though! Try a Google search, or Google Shopping. I’ve seen the TEAC available on Amazon.uk, but obviously availability depends on where you live. If you can’t find them at established retailers, then eBay might be the only other choice.

Forget about the Pioneer, it is QSI clone not a LiteON, and hence incompatible with iXtreme burner max.

If you’re only interested in overburning DVD+R-DL, then the [thread=327512]Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-Plus[/thread] or AD-5280S-CB-Robot could be an option for you.

i’ve just bought TEAC DV-W524GSB… i hope it’s compatible
Sony Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-Plus is compatible with ixtreme burner max? has rev A, B or C?

It doesn’t need the burner max firmware, overburning DVD+R DL is supported right out of the box.

but is good as ixtreme burner max?
what are differences from these?
5280S-CB
5280S-CB-PLUS
5280S-CB-ROBOT

Here are a couple of threads showing burns+scans from the 5280S-CB drives.

You can read about the drives and the differences between them over here…

http://www.vinpowerdigital.com/en-us/main/Product.aspx?CategoryID=83&Keyword=DVD_Burner

thanks… this burner is only on amazon.com but cannot be shipped in Italy :frowning:
can someone help me? thanks

today is arrived my plextor px-l890sa with firmware 1.07…
i tryied to flash ihas124b,224b and 624b but gives always error…
i’ve read that to be flashed need fw 1.03; when i try to downgrade it, gives an error:
can you help me?

If my memory is correct you can only crossflash A series LiteOn you have a B series

i have an idea… if someone can give me his original Plextor fw (bin extension) i can flash it into mine and i can fix this problem…

[QUOTE=dante96;2661937]today is arrived my plextor px-l890sa with firmware 1.07…
i tryied to flash ihas124b,224b and 624b but gives always error…
i’ve read that to be flashed need fw 1.03; when i try to downgrade it, gives an error:
can you help me?[/QUOTE]

Tell us what exactly have you tried to do in order to crossflash your drive and what was the problem?

Where did you read that your drive has to be downgraded to fw 1.03 before crossflashing? I’d rather doubt that such downgrading step would be needed really …

PS. The official Plextor flasher will not allow a firmware downgrade if I remember correctly … but C0deKing has two flashable unscrambled stock firmwares (1.03 and 1.05) on his website which should be able to do that trick if really necessary …

[B]Make sure you dump both your Firmware and your EEPROM before attempting any crossflash!!![/B]

[QUOTE=cvs;2661977]Tell us what exactly have you tried to do in order to crossflash your drive and what was the problem?

Where did you read that your drive has to be downgraded to fw 1.03 before crossflashing? I’d rather doubt that such downgrading step would be needed really …

PS. The official Plextor flasher will not allow a firmware downgrade if I remember correctly … but C0deKing has two flashable unscrambled stock firmwares (1.03 and 1.05) on his website which should be able to do that trick if really necessary …

[B]Make sure you dump both your Firmware and your EEPROM before attempting any crossflash!!![/B][/QUOTE]
First of all i made EEPROM and Flash dump.
I tryied to flash ihas 624b, but when i load the bin, the tool says: error writing flash to drive…
My plextor has fw 1.07…
can you link me these 2 firmwares please?
thanks in advance

[QUOTE=dante96;2661983]
can you link me these 2 firmwares please?
thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Here they are:

thanks very much.
now need i to flash 1.03 stock and after ihas x24b with flash utility, right?
what version should i choose from 224b, 424b or 624b?
can we talk on msn or other instant messaging?

[QUOTE=dante96;2661991]thanks very much.
now need i to flash 1.03 stock and after ihas x24b with flash utility, right?
what version should i choose from 224b, 424b or 624b?[/QUOTE]

Yes, try that route and see if C0deKing’s 1.03 flasher will work or not …

You might as well go for the 624 B, since it is the most fully featured B family firmware…

[QUOTE=cvs;2661994]Yes, try that route and see if C0deKing’s 1.03 flasher will work or not …

You might as well go for the 624 B, since it is the most fully featured B family firmware…[/QUOTE]

i tryied to flash stock 1.03 and 1.05 but is always says: "Error writing FLASH to drive!"
can you help me step by step please?

There’s a L890SA ‘R’ model now, which is likely a ‘C’ series drive. It’s possible that is what you have. Is the blue LED indicator on the front rectangular or circular?

Another simple way to check whether your Plextor PX-L890SA is a ‘C’ Drive or ‘B’ Drive. Please use Flash Utility to find out the flash read size. ‘C’ Drive is 1MB while ‘B’ Drive is 2MB.

i succesfully flashed 424b… thanks to cvs…