Finalizing Problems with DVDFAB Platinum 3.0.8.0

vbimport

I am having problems while finalizing the discs. The process works successfully in reading the files and the writing process is fine till it starts finalizing. It usually gets stuck on 50% during finalizing and then the system hangs up. I have to reboot the PC in order to eject the disc out of the laptop.

Can you help me with this? :frowning:

PLEASE make this changes in common settings
Write Speed…4x or 8x (I use 4x)
Write Type of DVD-R Media…SAO Writing
DVD Writable Media (DVD-5) Size…4464 (use customize in drop down )
Set Booktype to DVD-ROM…(put a check in the small box)

Just as an FYI, I am able to copy DVD’s most of the time but occasionally it causes problems and then i have to throw the DVD away after rebooting the PC (The CD does not eject and the process goes in a dead loop).

I have a DELL laptop with “SONY DVD±RW DW-Q58A” DVD Drive.

PLEASE make this changes in common settings
Write Speed…4x or 8x (I use 4x)
Write Type of DVD-R Media…SAO Writing
DVD Writable Media (DVD-5) Size…4464 (use customize in drop down )
Set Booktype to DVD-ROM…(put a check in the small box)

Where are these settings? I was not able to find it. I would appreciate if you can walk me through the steps. Thanks.

Top right there is a button that has an icon that looks like a GEAR, click on it and a little drop down will show common settings click on it and on the left side click on WRITE

I found the common settings location and have made the changes as per your recommendation. Hopefully this should resolve the finalizing issue? Is there anything else i need to take care off (hardware changes etc.)

Thank you in advance.

JUST let me know it works out [B]OK[/B] :bigsmile:

If the above suggestions have not helped please Do this. When the finalizing freezes don’t do anything, touch nothing for 12 to 15 minutes and [U]The finalizing will finish[/U] . Why this works, I don’t know. But it will finish.
Ron

Hi Ron

Good Evening.

The initial fix of changing the common settings seem to have worked. I will update the thread if i encounter furthur issues.