Finalizing issue ! Help needed

Hi, I have a LiteOn LVW-5005XS with a SOHW-1693S burner instead of the DDW-813S, I did the replacement myself. When I got the burner I updated the drive firmware with my PC, now it’s KC4B. I then updated the LVW-5005XS with the 098 firmware hacked.

This is my new S/N: 0102-4140-0098-KC4B (015-010D)

Everything works perfectly exept when I want to record a show for my friend !!! After I record, I finalize the disk so It can be played in another DVD player. That’s my problem. My friend put it in his DVD player, the picture and sound is ok but it plays for 15 seconds, freezes, start for another 15 seconds, freezes, then starts again and so on!!!

Can you help me on this!! Why is it doing this. Thanks.

Is it DVD-RW or something or other, maybe his player doesn’t like recorded discs

Thanks for the reply. I used Memorex DVD+R 16x. Maybe I should use DVD-RW when I want to record something for a friend. I read that DVD-RW don’t need to be finalized ? Will it still play in another player if it’s not finalized ? What brand of DVD-RW do you recommend ? Thanks again.

[QUOTE=guizmo1967;1923401]I read that DVD-RW don’t need to be finalized ? Will it still play in another player if it’s not finalized ? What brand of DVD-RW do you recommend ? Thanks again.[/QUOTE]DVD-RW [U]has[/U] to be finalized. DVD[B]+[/B]RW does [U]not[/U] have to be finalized and it will play in other players.