Finalize reaches 29% then hangs

vbimport

After many problems with the original DVD burner in my 5045GDL+, I changed the DVD over to a Sony DRU 190A after seeing that some other users have had success with it. To start with, it worked fine, but after less than a week, I’ve got a problem. It now burns the discs okay, but for some reason, when I try to finalize a disc, it gets to 29% then hangs, with the only solution being to quit the finalize process, ruining the disc. This is happening whatever media I use. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, is there a solution to it?

Thanks in advance, and cheers for all of the advice that I’ve picked up off the forum so far - this is a great resource. :bow:

[QUOTE=BridSteve;2078916]After many problems with the original DVD burner in my 5045GDL+, I changed the DVD over to a Sony DRU 190A after seeing that some other users have had success with it. To start with, it worked fine, but after less than a week, I’ve got a problem. It now burns the discs okay, but for some reason, when I try to finalize a disc, it gets to 29% then hangs, with the only solution being to quit the finalize process, ruining the disc. This is happening whatever media I use. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, is there a solution to it?

Thanks in advance, and cheers for all of the advice that I’ve picked up off the forum so far - this is a great resource. :bow:[/QUOTE]

that was happening to mine, DONT FLASH FIRMWARE lol… i tried dvd+ disc’s from tesco’s and that seemed to work a lot better.

The same very often hapens with my 5045GDL+ original burner.

What brand and type of discs?

All,

I just replaced my dvd writer in my LVW-5025GHC+ with a Sony DRU 190A. Region set to 2 via the computer firmware updated to 1.65. Burned a Maxell DVD+R (1-16x speed). Hangs at 29% with during a finalize.

Any ideas?

Ken